Football shirt collecting

grass_allergy said:
I've got the 09/11 3rd shirt in a 36 that's brand new with tags AND it's missing the Etihad Airways sponsor logo.
It's genuine and purchased from the Citystore around eighteen months ago. Clearly a manufacturing error and I snapped it up as soon as I saw it, just been looking for somebody who collects this sort of thing ever since!

Strange that is has no sponsor on it. I know with some teams they couldn't promote betting sites or alcohol in certain countries so they had to have sponsorless shirts but there would be no problem with Etihad airways sponsoring anyone. I doubt many other people have a City shirt without the sponsor on though.

brad147690 said:
grass_allergy said:
I've got the 09/11 3rd shirt in a 36 that's brand new with tags AND it's missing the Etihad Airways sponsor logo.
It's genuine and purchased from the Citystore around eighteen months ago. Clearly a manufacturing error and I snapped it up as soon as I saw it, just been looking for somebody who collects this sort of thing ever since!

Strange that is has no sponsor on it. I know with some teams they couldn't promote betting sites or alcohol in certain countries so they had to have sponsorless shirts but there would be no problem with Etihad airways sponsoring anyone. I doubt many other people have a City shirt without the sponsor on though.

I've seen teams like Bolton encounter problems when selling shirts due to their sponsor being a betting site ie. Kids shirts end up being sold sponsor-less, but an airline would have no problem with such issues obviously, which is why I did a bit of a double-take when I first saw it in the Citystore and bought it straight away. It's 100% genuine with its original tags and I was looking to sell it on to anybody who's interested in it? Can always post a photo if anybody would like to see!

grass_allergy said:
brad147690 said:
grass_allergy said:

I've seen teams like Bolton encounter problems when selling shirts due to their sponsor being a betting site ie. Kids shirts end up being sold sponsor-less, but an airline would have no problem with such issues obviously, which is why I did a bit of a double-take when I first saw it in the Citystore and bought it straight away. It's 100% genuine with its original tags and I was looking to sell it on to anybody who's interested in it? Can always post a photo if anybody would like to see!

I'm sure someone would probably be interested in it. If not ebay is your best option. Might get a fair bit on there if people perceive it to be rare because it is sponsorless.

brad147690 said:
grass_allergy said:
brad147690 said:

I'm sure someone would probably be interested in it. If not ebay is your best option. Might get a fair bit on there if people perceive it to be rare because it is sponsorless.

I might give eBay a go actually, I've got 100% feedback so buyers will see that it's genuine. You seem to know a lot about shirts judging from the thread so do you have any advice as to how much I should set a Buy It Now price for?
I'm not looking for an obscene amount by any means, I'm just worried that it wouldn't go for much due to it not being the current shirt/people being wary, and would rather do a Buy It Now price than a straightforward auction.
Any advice regarding pricing would be brilliant, thank you.

o8dsee.jpg

grass_allergy said:
brad147690 said:
grass_allergy said:

I might give eBay a go actually, I've got 100% feedback so buyers will see that it's genuine. You seem to know a lot about shirts judging from the thread so do you have any advice as to how much I should set a Buy It Now price for?
I'm not looking for an obscene amount by any means, I'm just worried that it wouldn't go for much due to it not being the current shirt/people being wary, and would rather do a Buy It Now price than a straightforward auction.
Any advice regarding pricing would be brilliant, thank you.

Well I'm not an expert at pricing shirts. I usually start all mine when I sell them at 99p. With buy it now I'd suggest going for between £20-30 probably as with it being a season old the price would drop a bit but then someone might like it without the sponsor so I'm not too sure myself. I suppose you can only try it and see what happens.

Anyone the TV series in England called Dream Team? Well I managed to obtain one of the Harchester United shirts from the series.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bradsfootballshirtcollection.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bradsfootballshirtcollection.blogspot.co.uk/</a>

Happy to see a Morton top in your collection! Were my local team many moons ago!

razinho said:
Happy to see a Morton top in your collection! Were my local team many moons ago!

It's a rather nice top to.

Added a few new shirts since I posted last time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bradsfootballshirtcollection.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bradsfootballshirtcollection.blogspot.co.uk/</a>

Possibly the biggest and best update of shirts I will ever do have been posted to my blog today so check it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.