Football Stickers

Salford_Blue

I remember when I was a lad collecting and trading swapsies in the playground.

Went in my parent's loft recently and found loads of doubles and trebles.

"Swap you a Steve McMahon for a Peter Beardsley"...them were the days!!!

My lad is now collecting them as are some of his school friends.

Do any of your kids still buy and swap these like when we were nippers?

filled the 86 album, Glen Hoddle was my favourite, also did the world cup one that year but they weren't stickers they were plastic slides you slotted in, ah those were the days

I started on the Topps football cards before graduating to the sticker books.

Seem to remember a two-player playground game where you would line some cards against the wall and if you could knock the card over by flicking one of your cards from a distance (taking it in alternate turns), you won the card (together with all the other cards on the floor which had missed),

ab15wx.jpg

steviemc said:
I started on the Topps football cards before graduating to the sticker books.

Seem to remember a two-player playground game where you would line some cards against the wall and if you could knock the card over by flicking one of your cards from a distance (taking it in alternate turns), you won the card (together with all the other cards on the floor which had missed),

ab15wx.jpg

We played a game where you would take in turns to skim the card against the wall. As soon as the first card to be skimmed that partially landed on another one, the skimmer collected all the cards on the ground.

Yeah remember that game MES. We also played one in which we took cards off younger boys in order that didnt get thrown in the stream :))

Carstairs said:
bluemc1 said:
filled the 86 album, Glen Hoddle was my favourite, also did the world cup one that year but they weren't stickers they were plastic slides you slotted in, ah those were the days

Not sure about that mate.

I remember having the 86 World Cup Pannini album and they were definatly stickers.

it wasn't Pannini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.