Football Trivia Question of the Day (continued)

aguero93:20 said:
George Hannah said:
Brooking?
No not Trevor, possibly the best radio commentator of a very talented bunch, none of them ex-players tho'
With my limited knowledge of Radio commentators my last answer is Jon Champion.
he's still going on TV - and rabidly anti City like most of them - so no, the bloke I'm after is pre 5Live - you're maybe just too youthful to get this ;-)

George Hannah said:
George Hannah said:
No not Trevor, possibly the best radio commentator of a very talented bunch, none of them ex-players tho'
he's still going on TV - and rabidly anti City like most of them - so no, the bloke I'm after is pre 5Live - you're maybe just too youthful to get this ;-)
Probably... FOCs

George Hannah said:
Probably... FOCs
sorry I missed the correct answer before - apologies to the god Gerry Gow - it was indeed the inimitable Bryon Butler when a mere 3,231 fans watch Wimbledon's home game against Luton Town in 1991 - the lowest postwar attendance at a First Division game. He also famously said "fifty two thousand people here at Maine Road tonight but it seems like fifty thousand,"

next question

Which current league club has changed its name six times?

I know that City changed their name four times, but I don't think we ever reached six. I know Arsenal had a few different variants though, so I'd guess them?

George Hannah said:
George Hannah said:
Probably... FOCs
sorry I missed the correct answer before - apologies to the god Gerry Gow - it was indeed the inimitable Bryon Butler when a mere 3,231 fans watch Wimbledon's home game against Luton Town in 1991 - the lowest postwar attendance at a First Division game. He also famously said "fifty two thousand people here at Maine Road tonight but it seems like fifty thousand,"

next question

Which current league club has changed its name six times?

Quess - Brighton and Hove Albion ? Must have changed at some point due to 2 towns being involved.

George Hannah said:
Vienna_70 said:
Leyton Orient?
Well done - that's the club - Eagle CC Football Team in 1886 then Orient FC in 1888, Clapton Orient in 1898, Leyton Orient in 1945, Orient in 1966 and then back to Leyton Orient in 1987.

Isn't that only five changes?

Falastur said:
George Hannah said:
Vienna_70 said:
Leyton Orient?
Well done - that's the club - Eagle CC Football Team in 1886 then Orient FC in 1888, Clapton Orient in 1898, Leyton Orient in 1945, Orient in 1966 and then back to Leyton Orient in 1987.

Isn't that only five changes?
they were originally formed as Glyn CC in 1881, so it's six.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.