Football Trivia Question of the Day

THFC6061 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
THFC6061 said:
Tuesday's answer: Season 1992-93 when QPR finished 5th in the Premier League with Tottenham Hotspur 8th, Arsenal 10th and Chelsea 11th.

Wednesday 27th July 2011:

Who is the only footballer to have played for seven different London clubs?

THFC , i will try answer for you,

But i think you'll like this one, its not my own but i use it.

9 people to have won the championship as a manager and player, i have answers.

-- Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 am --

i was going for Ferdinand but only if you incled berkshire.

No, it's not Ferdinand.

As for your question, are you including the old Division One too?

Yes ill start you off, George Grahem

Well from Spurs, we have Alf Ramsey as a player (50-51) and as Ispwich Town's manager in 1961-62.

And Bill Nicholson as a player (50-51) and as Tottenham's manager in 1960-61.

Kenny Dalglish won 10 League Titles (4 with Celtic, 6 with Liverpool) as a player and 4 (3 with Liverpool, 1 with Blackburn) as a manager.

Joe Mercer won 3 League Titles as a player (1 with Everton, 2 with Arsenal) and as Manchester City's manager in 1967-68

Everton's Howard Kendall won the League as a player in 1969-70 and as a manager in 1984-85 and 1986-87.

Scottish legend Dave Mackay won League Champoionships with Hearts and Spurs (1960-61) and as a player-manager with Derby County in 1974-75.

Carlo Ancelotti won League Titles as a player with Roma (1) and AC Milan (2) and went on to win titles as a manager with AC Milan in 2003-04 and Chelsea in 2009-10.

Arsene Wenger won his only League Title as a player with Strasbourg in 1978-79 and has bagged himself 4 League Titles as a manager with AS Monaco (1) and Woolwich Wanderers (3).

You've already mentioned George Graham, so I make that nine.

THFC6061 said:
Tuesday's answer: Season 1992-93 when QPR finished 5th in the Premier League with Tottenham Hotspur 8th, Arsenal 10th and Chelsea 11th.

Wednesday 27th July 2011:

Who is the only footballer to have played for seven different London clubs?

Clive Allen.

I only know that because it was on the pub quiz 2 weeks back. I didn't get it then but hopefully I have now!

Yes, Clive Allen with Queens Park Rangers, Arsenal (no League matches), Crystal Palace, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, West Ham United and Millwall.

And just for good measure, he also played for the London Monarchs in the NFL Europe.

Thursday 28th July 2011:

Which two players have appeared in five FIFA World Cup Finals tournaments each?

simonr555 said:
I know Lothar Matthaus is one, but no idea who the other is.

Antonio Carbajal (Mexico, 1950–1966) and Lothar Matthäus (Germany, 1982–1998).

Friday 29th July 2011:

Which 6 Nationalities of managers have won the Top Flight of the English League since season 1888-89?

THFC6061 said:
simonr555 said:
I know Lothar Matthaus is one, but no idea who the other is.

Antonio Carbajal (Mexico, 1950–1966) and Lothar Matthäus (Germany, 1982–1998).

Friday 29th July 2011:

Which 6 Nationalities of managers have won the Top Flight of the English League since season 1888-89?
Scottish
Portuguese
French
Italian
English
Israeli? (cant remember if Grant won it for Chelsea)

Viva Rivaldo said:
Pigeonho said:
Scottish
Portuguese
French
Italian
English
Israeli? (cant remember if Grant won it for Chelsea)
He didn't. So that leaves another one. I'll guess at Irish.
Irish? Who could that be though? In my head i've gone back to at least 91-92 when Wilkinson won it, then it was the usual suspects of Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho, with Ancelotti and Dalglish there too. Arsenal won it under Graham in 88/89, but I can't remember who won it 89/90 or 90/91 and I don't want to cheat! Can't think of an Irish manager who managed any of the likely candidates back then?

Pigeonho said:
Can't think of an Irish manager who managed any of the likely candidates back then?
Nor can I, but my knowledge of football in general, nevermind specifically managers, tails off when I get round to the 50s/60s, so I was just guessing at one of the early ones, who may well have been Irish/Welsh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.