Football Trivia Question of the Day

Thursday's answer: The Allied Prisoner of War team v Germany in the film "Escape to Victory" (1981).

Friday 7th October 2011:

Which two German players at the 2002 FIFA World Cup Finals were under contract to English clubs?

THFC6061 said:
Thursday's answer: The Allied Prisoner of War team v Germany in the film "Escape to Victory" (1981).

Friday 7th October 2011:

Which two German players at the 2002 FIFA World Cup Finals were under contract to English clubs?

Didi Hamann should be one and is the other Jens Lehmann?

gazinho said:
THFC6061 said:

Friday 7th October 2011:

Lehmann went to Arsenal in 2003 I think. Was it the Spurs fullback Ziege ? and Hamann.

leighton said:
gazinho said:
THFC6061 said:

Friday 7th October 2011:

Lehmann went to Arsenal in 2003 I think. Was it the Spurs fullback Ziege ? and Hamann.

That was the team then:

Germany

Line-up
[1]
Oliver KAHN (GK)(C)
[2]
Thomas LINKE
[5]
Carsten RAMELOW
[7]
Oliver NEUVILLE
[8]
Didi HAMANN
[11]
Miroslav KLOSE (-74')
[16]
Jens JEREMIES (-77')
[17]
Marco BODE (-84')
[19]
Bernd SCHNEIDER
[21]
Christoph METZELDER
[22]
Torsten FRINGS

Substitute(s)
[12]
Jens LEHMANN (GK)
[23]
Hans Joerg BUTT (GK)
[3]
Marko REHMER
[4]
Frank BAUMANN
[6]
Christian ZIEGE (+84')
[9]
Carsten JANCKER
[10]
Lars RICKEN
[13]
Michael BALLACK
[14]
Gerald ASAMOAH (+77')
[15]
Sebastian KEHL
[18]
Joerg BOEHME
[20]
Oliver BIERHOFF (+74')

Coach
Rudi VOELLER (GER)

I thought it was Babbel first - he played in England then but did not do national squad anymore. But it was Ziege...

Nobody should blame German players for not leaving to England. Of the Bayern youth or Bayern players of the 90s Hamann, Babbel, Ziege, Nerlinger and Tarnat went to England or Scotland. (Hamann, Nerlinger and Babbel both being in the club since kid age) - all of them no star players.

Salford_Blue said:
Did Terry Venables ever play for Palace?
I know he managed them

Yes, El Tel played for Palace from 1974 to 1976.

But neither he nor Ian Wright scored for England while playing for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.