For F**k sake

TatersDeep

Gents, yes i have no work to do!

Does this apply to anybody else or does this show i'm close to a mental brake down?

Every time i leave my house and shut the door behind me i will take 2 foot steps away then suddenly turn round without think and push against the door to make sure it's locked, after doing this i'll then walk to the car then think " is the door locked" walk back to push against the door again, then im happy to drive off!!

It drives me mad - i know iv locked the door first time round, but will still go back to it to check!

I understand exactly where you are coming from!!

I do exactly the same!! Eg I lock the back door before I go to lock the front door. The front door is approx 20 feet from the back door. By the time I get to the front door, I wonder if I have locked the back door!! Am I going mad, or am I paranoid!!

BOMBER7967 said:
OCD Anyone!
Yep, classic OCD.

I find myself putting things down in the house and then a minute later forgetting what I've done with it. Or searching for my phone whilst I'm talking on the fucker. Or even looking for my glasses when they're on my head.

And I moved house recently to the other side of the city. Had to go back yesterday to sort some final bills out and still had some dry-cleaning to pick up. As I drove up to the place, I was saying "Don't forget the dry-cleaning, Don't forget the dry-cleaning, Don't forget the dry-cleaning," over and over again to myself. And what did I do? Yep, you guessed it. Walked in, paid the bills and walked out without even thinking about the fucking dry-cleaning til I got back to my new place which is 45 mins away!!!

I wouldn't mind, but I'm only 29. Surely that's too young to be going senile!!

apple pie corner said:
I understand exactly where you are coming from!!

I do exactly the same!! Eg I lock the back door before I go to lock the front door. The front door is approx 20 feet from the back door. By the time I get to the front door, I wonder if I have locked the back door!! Am I going mad, or am I paranoid!!

Dont even think Green Day could with this!

I think its an age thing with me, im 29 but feel liked iv aged 20 more years

I once got halfway from the paper shop reading the paper, then went back and got my dog, who I'd left tied to a lamp post outside the shop.

Another time I bought a Sunday paper, put it on the roof of the car, unlocked the car, put my sunglasses on, got in and drove away to see the newspaper falling off the roof piece by piece in my rear view mirror.

I do the exact same thing. Check the door about 20 times despite knowing its locked. Then I think "did I turn the taps off", "are all the lights off", then unlock the door and check everything else again. It takes me about 10 minutes to leave the house.

I park the car up, lock it, walk away then return a couple of seconds later to check if its locked, then check the handbrake is on, then check the radio is off etc and continue the ritual several times

Its very annoying

Yeah I do same thing with doors and that, I've always had a bit of an OCD streak, nothing major like washing my hands 200 times a day etc but I've always had little rituals and stuff since being a kid. Few people notice though, only the people very, very close to me pick up on it

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Walking upstairs and then forgetting what the hell you went up for,then coming down and remembering is most annoying.
I'm seriously considering buying a bungalow.
Or giving up ketamine.

lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.