For those Blues that are no longer here

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sadly, my dad passed away last week, which is why I haven't been on here for a little while. He watched last Monday's derby, was really excited about the result and the prospect of us lifting the title, then died 36 hours later of a massive heart attack while he was out. Can't help thinking the sheer tension and excitement of that game must have played some part in that.

He wasn't originally a football fan but after trying a few teams to take us to, got hooked on City, like so many seem to do. We got season tickets in the newly opened North Stand in 1972 although he hadn't been to a live match for quite some time.

Sadly he ded jsut a few days before what we all hope will be a glorious day on Sunday but he'll be very much in the thoughts of me, my brother and his three grandsons at the game.

Sorry to hear that, PB.

Peace and love

Great I dea on Thread.

I will be thinking bout my grandad he died in 94 when i was 10. the sole reason i am city!!!! used to watch all football with him check teletext to see if anything was going on with city. he loved city always followed them all over country!!! he would of loved this era we are seeing at the moment will deff shed a tear on for him on sunday if we win!! amazing bloke!!!

Great thread, don't often post but felt I need to.

Similar to others have lost a loved one; Nigel Black a lifelong blue died of cancer aged 34 in the months leading up to the FA cup win. We always joked what it must be like to be a Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool fan and see your side win trophies. Just one would have done!

We've not been able to surrender his seat, and it's being kept warm by mates until my son is old enough to join the fun. So on Sunday will also have a minutes thought IF/When we win.

He never saw us win a trophy, and like many other blues on this thread and wider, he spent his life watching tripe without much return. So on Sunday they have the best seat in the house if/when we lift that trophy, so here's to you all, enjoy!!!!!

Cheers

My grandfather who started taking me to Maine Rd in 66. Got me hooked and I got my son hooked.

Not forgetting Helen 'the bell', who kept the faith. I bet that bloody bell is ringing loud on Sunday.

I have just spent the last 10 mins reading posts on this thread concerning people I don't know and am now sat here with a lump in my throat.
The fact of the matter is the depth of sentiment and brevity to each individual as to what our beloved football club means to us all and what we can now achieve.

Its just a shame that all those sadly departed blues cannot be there for all of us going through the internal agony we will go through on Sunday waiting for that breakthrough goal before the undoubted flood gates open.

Makes you think about so called pro footballers and journalists calling us glory chasers - cheap comments made by glory hunting millionaires (Rio) and bitter journalists with no knowledge of who we are and what this club will always be about.
Us, the fans, One Love, One City Come on City do it for us. !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.