For those City fans out there last night in Germany.

I had a great time apart from the last hour of the match but let's face it that's often been the way on City away trips in the not too distant past! Munich was great, the beer was excellent, the weather was hot and the women were (frustratingly for this fat 50-something!) hotter and yesterday I got out into the Bavarian countryside for a spot of chilled relaxation. All in all a top trip.

beano46 said:
I had a top time mate, although getting up the stairs to block 347 after a few Stiens was a bit of a struggle.

Rest asured you all get a fantastic welcome when you come to Manchester but I'm not sure the weather will be as good.
Please don't put yourself to any bother on my account! I'll take the 3 points instead :-)
But seriously, I've been to Manchester for the quarterfinals in 2010 and spent some days in your lovely city.
There've been a lot of Mancunians who helped me to get over this absolutely deserved loss against ManUre... :-) I've really enjoyed it! Loved the 'Temple of Convenience' :-)
Manchester might not have sights like other cities, but I'd rather like to speak to honest local people, than look at old buildings.

@de niro: Without a doubt! Just take care, that there's enough beer for all of us ;-)

-- Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 pm --

bayern blade said:
As Herr Flo said a few posts back you behaved well in Munich and did your club proud, we've had some good banter on here with you too.
Thanks for putting up with us on here for the last few weeks :-). All the best for the games against Villareal. I'll probably call in here again tomorrow and then bugger off and leave you all in peace until late November before the next game.
Sorry for probably 'offending' you sometimes! But there're some fans of Bayern I can't stand... You're not the one! ;-)

So all in all:
<a class="postlink" href="http://gickr.com/results4/anim_35e5c409-f727-f9b4-b971-a9f9930769bd.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gickr.com/results4/anim_35e5c409 ... 0769bd.gif</a>
:-)

Robbo. said:
de niro said:
tbh i think we are privileged, to have chance to go to those places to watch city is just fantastic.
enjoyed that trip totally.

You looked fed up De niro after the first half, i was sat a couple of rows behined you. I did notice near the end you had enough though ;)

I was proper knackered, half cut too :)

What a day. Next.

Good to hear the City fans were well received and enjoyed the beer. I've had some great times in Bavaria too, particularly in Garmisch Partenkirchen... Everything is blue and white (flags, poles, ribbons, tents, etc, etc) - can't quite understand why Bayern Munich are not a blue-and-white club given their name, but anyhow... Also went to Stuttgart's mini Oktoberfest-thingy at the same time in Canstatt and stayed with a VfB fan who is a fellow Evertonian. It's just a very nice part of the world, great atmosphere and believe it or not, there is a distinct smell I always notice when I'm in that region or in the Austrian Tyrol nearby. Always gives me a buzz!

Royal Blue Moon said:
Good to hear the City fans were well received and enjoyed the beer. I've had some great times in Bavaria too, particularly in Garmisch Partenkirchen... Everything is blue and white (flags, poles, ribbons, tents, etc, etc) - can't quite understand why Bayern Munich are not a blue-and-white club given their name, but anyhow... Also went to Stuttgart's mini Oktoberfest-thingy at the same time in Canstatt and stayed with a VfB fan who is a fellow Evertonian. It's just a very nice part of the world, great atmosphere and believe it or not, there is a distinct smell I always notice when I'm in that region or in the Austrian Tyrol nearby. Always gives me a buzz!

The Bavarian colours of white and blue,and the Bavarians always say "Weiß blau" (white and blue) never the other way around, are used by 1860 which is why they are not often used by Bayern.

bayern blade said:
Royal Blue Moon said:

The Bavarian colours of white and blue,and the Bavarians always say "Weiß blau" (white and blue) never the other way around, are used by 1860 which is why they are not often used by Bayern.

Yes, it appears that red was foisted upon them, that blue and white (or white and blue) was the colours they originally wanted to play in but that the local footballing authorities made them wear red. Makes sense of why they occasionally have a lot of blue on their kits (esp. mid to late 1990s). But they've always been a shocking club for messing around with their kits.

BillyMC said:
foley87 said:
de niro was asleep at one point LOL

And nobody shaved his eyebrows off?

jess would have killed you, she's my minder.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 pm --<br /><br />
phil31 said:
de niro said:
tbh i think we are privileged, to have chance to go to those places to watch city is just fantastic.
enjoyed that trip totally.

Good to meet you last night in the ground near the end. Im still in Germany and cycling to Villareal, hope to see you there man!!

good to meet you, take care.

see you in spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.