Foreign owners and the Premier League.

Would someone please enlighten me regarding ownership of the clubs in the PL. Just how many teams do us yanks own; as opposed to the English? I'm not on the wind-up, just curious. Thanks.

Manchester’s canals were not built by migrants. They were mostly built by locals. There were some Irish workers but they remained a minority. It was only in the 1920s and 1930s and particularly in the 1950s, when motorway building began, that large scale Irish immigration was felt in construction.

As for textile factories, there are very few left as most garments are imported.

Your general point is correct. Construction had a lot of French workers come in the 1980s (at least in South-East England), and subsequently more from Poland and elsewhere in Eastern Europe from the 1990s. Many were not even from the EU (Ukraine, Albania, etc.).

Britain encouraged bringing in migrants to take low paid jobs in much the same way as the Gulf States have done.

Nobody is complaining about Arab money, all those facts and figures you listed about investment are a mute point. This programme was created by a couple of anti City media hacks, making out ADUG and mainly the Royal Family to be evil. Most Melbourne City fans Ive spoke to are very happy with the takeover and I havent heard any politicians complaining about them either. So I still dont understand who exactly you are calling hypocrites.
A good number of journalists is who I am calling hypocrites, which I think I’ve been fairly clear on.
Do you not read about ’sports washing’, about how city are and have been ‘ruining the game’, how any team with an American owner is traditional, historic and do things ‘the right way’?
That article you posted, along with many others posted on this forum by the way, feed the constant dripping narrative that, somehow, we’re not worthy, that we are imposters at the table, and that we are funded not only unfairly, but are ’state owned’. Meanwhile, any UAE investment in infrastructure, finance or industry is lauded by the same publications who publish the crap about us and ‘uman rights. As I said previously, we’re attacked by so called journalists who are funded, either directly or indirectly, by ME countries, Russia or China, all with questionable human rights records (although if Guantanamo Bay had been set up in any other country it would be in the news for years, so it’s not just the ‘usual suspects’ either.
Finally mate, if it’s as benign as you’re now suggesting, why did you post it on here?

A good number of journalists is who I am calling hypocrites, which I think I’ve been fairly clear on.
Do you not read about ’sports washing’, about how city are and have been ‘ruining the game’, how any team with an American owner is traditional, historic and do things ‘the right way’?
That article you posted, along with many others posted on this forum by the way, feed the constant dripping narrative that, somehow, we’re not worthy, that we are imposters at the table, and that we are funded not only unfairly, but are ’state owned’. Meanwhile, any UAE investment in infrastructure, finance or industry is lauded by the same publications who publish the crap about us and ‘uman rights. As I said previously, we’re attacked by so called journalists who are funded, either directly or indirectly, by ME countries, Russia or China, all with questionable human rights records (although if Guantanamo Bay had been set up in any other country it would be in the news for years, so it’s not just the ‘usual suspects’ either.
Finally mate, if it’s as benign as you’re now suggesting, why did you post it on here?
I didn't post a friggin article mate.

Just go away, I think you would start an argument by yourself in a phone box.

I didn't post a friggin article mate.

Just go away, I think you would start an argument by yourself in a phone box.
You didn’t post this?

A program just aired here in Australia on the ABC which is like your BBC mainly about human rights violations by the Abu Dhabi royal family, torture etc.
They questioned whether they are fit to own Melbourne City and Manchester City plus the other clubs within the group.

Happy to leave it there and sorry you thought I was arguing with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.