Forget about positions, whats our realistic points total for

I would say about 65 points. This season has been slightly odd in that teams have been closer together than normal no teams have been cast adrift at an early stage and the top sides are closer than normal. I think next season there will be more extremes

Can't see how anyone can give a realistic points total for next season until we see who we bring in & who the other clubs sign.

bluemoon32 said:
Can't see how anyone can give a realistic points total for next season until we see who we bring in & who the other clubs sign.

Not bothered who other clubs sign my thoughts are based on the fact on the players in the current squad, the fact that they have all had at least 5 months of playing together in the premiership, a full pre-season, no Euoropean distractions and the fact that most of Hughes's signings have improved the squad and I dont see the signings this summer being any different

chesterguy said:
bluemoon32 said:

Not bothered who other clubs sign my thoughts are based on the fact on the players in the current squad, the fact that they have all had at least 5 months of playing together in the premiership, a full pre-season, no Euoropean distractions and the fact that most of Hughes's signings have improved the squad and I dont see the signings this summer being any different

Obviously who we bring in will make a difference but if we started next season with our present squad then we wouldn't do much better than we did this season ,our squad is just not good enough for anything better, we have more than a few very average players who would struggle to get in decent Premiership sides.

A realistic aim would be to average 2 points a game against the bottom 15!

Anything we could get against the Big 4 would be a bonus.

So a realistic target would be 68 points.

I would also hope that we could give both cups a good go.

Good Question

I think 4 wins better than Sven's total so 67 points.

This would represent a big step forward, move us on from the mid-table pack 7th to 12th.

We would be 5th or 6th looking to challenge Arsenal.

18 defeats this season has been abject, Newcastle have only lost 17 games.

We need more steel to battle for draws and wins away from home.

The rags arn't always pretty but they keep battling to get the goals.

We have given up far to easily this season. By far my worse season watching City away from home, one of the best at home the football has been great to watch. Away a different story.

20 wins from 38 games should not be out the question . throw in a few draws as well. so yeah 60 points minimum should be our aim

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.