Forgetting Joe Mercer and Roberto Mancini...........

ColinBellsjockstrap

Who was our best manager over the past sixty years?

By best I mean who did the best with the players he had to work with at the time, for example, Roberto Mancini did very well obviously, but he did have a squad of multi millionaire superstars at his disposal which helps....

Whereas managers such as Tony Book, Billy M'cNeill, Brian Horton etc, probably had a tougher job, as many of the players were fairly average....

Kevin Keegan,we pissed that league that season,very good fun going to Maine Rd every other week we twatted everyone,scored a shit load and had some fantastic players.......oh yea,and won the league !!<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:35 pm --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
Some of the finest attacking football I`ve seen from a City side was under John Bond.No arguements about that !!

Bollocks,your just trying to show your age now...David Cross up front FFS !!!

meeesh said:
Kevin Keegan,we pissed that league that season,very good fun going to Maine Rd every other week we twatted everyone,scored a shit load and had some fantastic players.......oh yea,and won the league !!

-- Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:35 pm --

oakiecokie said:
Some of the finest attacking football I`ve seen from a City side was under John Bond.No arguements about that !!

Bollocks,your just trying to show your age now...David Cross up front FFS !!!

David Cross my arse.Kevin Reeves was superb up front.

Pound for pound and where we were heading it has to be Sir Joe Royle

Goater 250k
Morrison 45k

trimming the squad of 50 first team players into a decent squad mixed with youth (weaver brown whitleys horlock) with good honest pros in Morrision Jobson Bishop Goater who dragged us out of div 2 saving us from the abyss and then to a great promotion season in div 1

tony book was doing a pretty good job until swales had the brainwave to bring big mal back :(

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Who was our best manager over the past sixty years?

By best I mean who did the best with the players he had to work with at the time, for example, Roberto Mancini did very well obviously, but he did have a squad of multi millionaire superstars at his disposal which helps....

Whereas managers such as Tony Book, Billy M'cNeill, Brian Horton etc, probably had a tougher job, as many of the players were fairly average....

What? Tony Book had one of the best (arguably 'the' best) squads that we've ever had at the club!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.