Forgotten Away Days 3 - 1989 - Oxford Utd

black mamba said:
I was there that day ..... as i was every time we went to the Manor Gound ...... i loved the place , and the suburb , so homely , so leafy ....... probably the worst toilet facilities i've ever seen anywhere though!

old kippax - enough said!

me too was part of my seven years without missing a game home or away, enjoy the clip[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpIk2CENW0[/youtube]

kbb said:
black mamba said:
I was there that day ..... as i was every time we went to the Manor Gound ...... i loved the place , and the suburb , so homely , so leafy ....... probably the worst toilet facilities i've ever seen anywhere though!

old kippax - enough said!

I know where you're coming from , and although the toilets in the old kippax were pretty poor , the toilets at Oxford had to be seen to be believed ..... no lighting , and half your trousers leg got soaked in urine every time you paid a visit!

OMG!!!

I completely forgot Simmo got their second! Cheeky get celebrating like that too!

Didn,t think much of the ground-don,t remember seeing any pubs near the away end-just leafy suburbia!

Remember the own goal from their centre-half and blues chanting "Greenhall,Greenhall!!" after he,d scored. can remember evryone being pissed on a strange, small away terrace and st5range away seating...,appeared miles away to our left.shite ground,don,t miss it one bit.

Was probably my favourite year following City for the craic. There were so many memorable days that season. Oxford was great but the days at Ipswich, Oldham and particularly the evening at West Brom all stand out for me (I missed boxing day at Stoke). The common theme being a bright young team that we all identified with and the Banana Army. I still chuckle at the memory of the "fight" at West Brom between Frankinsteins (2), Godzilla, a paddling pool and the "dirty Geordie Bast@#d", Newcastle Brown bottle from the back of the stand.

i8rags said:
me too was part of my seven years without missing a game home or away, enjoy the clip[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpIk2CENW0[/youtube]

Now that is what an away end should look like. Can't wait for the FA cup draw.

This threads are ace. Makes me remember what a laff being a fan used to be. Its great to see how different people saw and experienced things at the same games.

Not a small part of me wishes following football was still like that...a laugh...and Im sorry I dont get the feeling that many of us get that out of the game these days (at least not as much, I remember crying with laughter at City games in the past, not done that for a good few years now)

who remembers the dodgy t shirts you could buy around maine road at the time.

WHO NEEDS ACID, MAN CITY GIVE ME A BUZZ. etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.