Forgotten Recent(ish) City Players

Emile Mpenza moved to Plymouth after us, apparently he played 9 times and scored twice. He only scored 5 goals for City but they were very important ones. I'm sure he scored the only goal in a 0-1 win at Everton once, at a time when we hardly ever got anything there.

Terry Cooke springs to mind as a forgotten name. Without him I don't think we'd have made it out of League 3 in 99. Its a shame that the wheels totally fell off with him the season after that. I thought he was brilliant. He moved to the MLS where he proved useful. I think he may have played a season or 2 in Australia too.

Little Mexican striker who Sven signed for £10m and hardly played. I can't even remember his name, so he counts.

Funny but I was thinking about him the other day and also couldn't recall his name. Nery Castillo it was but he was a loan signing.
That's the one. My sister in law is Mexican and so I'd watched him a couple of times and told everyone he was brilliant. Could have sworn it was £10m but in those days I think we publicly talked up transfer fees as a smokescreen for the fact that we were skint. Loan would make sense because he quietly vanished.

Tony Coleman the forgotten man of the famous 5 of Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Young and that scouser.

Peter Beardsley. Surely must be the most well known player to have played for us but hardly remembered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.