Formal statement from City on SSN

Hotdogz, Pam is one of the funniest posters on this forum and I for one
look out for her posts.Keep it civil please

wrongun73 said:
hgblue said:
Whether she looks like Pam Butcher or Cameron Diaz, she has just as much right to post on here as you do.

it doesn't matter what any of them look like, they're all nagging fuckers!
i can just imagine camaron diaz, 'you've not put the fuckin' bin out you thick ****'
but....
'dont but me, oi where you going?'
*door slams as you fuck off to pub*

Oh dear, not had a shag for a while have we?

Anyone ready to tell us exactly what was said in the statement?

Well done City. Is this possibly the reason why Townsend and Parry stopped talking about us on Talksport earlier? Probably

Giles said:
wrongun73 said:
it doesn't matter what any of them look like, they're all nagging fuckers!
i can just imagine camaron diaz, 'you've not put the fuckin' bin out you thick ****'
but....
'dont but me, oi where you going?'
*door slams as you fuck off to pub*

Oh dear, not had a shag for a while have we?

am i that transparent? lol

nothingbutskyblues said:
Astonishing how even the so-called 'quality' papers ran with the completely untrue story that there were inconsistencies between Cook and Mancini's version of events.
I wouldn't have expected any better from the Mirror, but surely the Times and Telegraph could do better than that ?
Is is really necessary to explain to them the difference between 'talking to Mancini' (after Hull) and 'offering Mancini the job' (after Spurs) ?
Were they being disingenuous, or just thick ?

Both.

I was fuming yesterday when they were fishing for quotes, and trying to trip Mancini up - and at the time i thought they was going to twist words and plaster it all over the back pages.

Well done City, the press are fucking useless muppets, just trying to get a story - and damn right they should apologise.

City - We did not lie to fans
City say Cook and Mancini's responses at press conference were consistent

Manchester City have insisted they did not lie to fans over when they approached Roberto Mancini to replace Mark Hughes.

The move comes after reports on Tuesday claimed the club had been caught out trying to disguise when Mancini was first approached.

The Italian said at a press conference on Monday that he had met chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak two weeks ago, while club chief executive Garry Cook said negotiations with Mancini only began on Thursday - two days before Hughes was sacked.

Cook also stated that the decision to consider replacing Hughes was taken three weeks ago.

To clarify the situation, City have issued a statement on Tuesday saying Cook "absolutely" did not lie to fans.
Complete picture

The statement said: "Yesterday, CEO Garry Cook and new manager Roberto Mancini together took to the stage to give journalists and, more importantly, our fans the complete picture of the events of the past few days and week.

"The outcome was characterised in a way which has suggested that the football club and Garry Cook has lied to its fans. Manchester City Football Club would like to point out that this is absolutely not the case."

The statement points out that Cook stated during Monday's press conference that "the decision to look at managerial options was taken only three weeks ago after the Hull game, but I think it is important for people to know that Roberto was only offered the job after the Spurs game; we negotiated on Thursday and finalised his agreement on Friday."

Mancini, when questioned when he was first contacted by the club, replied: "Two weeks ago, I met Khaldoon for the first time. But they called me the day after the Tottenham game. Not before."

The statement adds: "In light of the fact that both Garry Cook's and Roberto Mancini's responses are consistent, it is with some surprise that we and our fans read some of today's reporting."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5793905,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 05,00.html</a>

I agree about the comments about city fans swallowing the press's version of events yesterday.

The Mirror printed this statement with the line 'City have been FORCED to issue a denial'. Yes, because the press disregarded the basic rules of grammar, logic and comprehension when they printed their stories this morning.

Unfortunately tonight even the redoutable David Bernstien perpetuated the myth that Cook had been shown to be lying.

To be fair, Radio 5's presenter said, 'look, who on earth sacks a manager without having a replacement lined up?' The ex-Hull chairman said it would be unthinkable, in any business, to allow a management 'vacuum' to exist. Bernstien concentrated on the 'city fans deserve the best PR possible line', which was disappointing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.