Forward with Franny 1993

Takin the piss.

I was at that game - I also remeber a candellight vigil on the Kippax - was that the same game? Some guys going round with a box full of candles, of course you lit one and held it up and you got hot wax dripping down your arm. Brilliant.
The mid week game when the candlelit protest was planned I recall John Maddock being in the MEN asking for it not to happen as there could be City fans who had worked in a garage all day, straight to the ground and could have traces of petrol on them...... a candle could see them go up in flames!

Halfway through the game up go 2 candles in the Kippax and the tannoy is on it straight away appealing for the candles to be put out. Within 5 seconds there are hundreds of candles being held up ha ha

The Mirror pissed me off as they basically hijacked the protests by handing out pro Franny posters with the Mirror logo prominent - therefore other newspapers didn't show very many pictures of what was going.on to avoid advertising their rivals.
I really despised them using City fans to further their cause and not our cause.
And on a red background

Anorak in me thinks these images (especially the Swales one) are of a section of a page in 1 of my books. I used to have the badge and the sticker on my desk at work then took them down for use in Manchester The Greatest City in 1997.
Very likely Gary, not mine.
I’m a subscriber to your site and may have even nicked them off there!
I have a file marked ‘Bert pics’ which also includes some deflated “Swales Out” balloons of the era

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.