fouls against Dzeko

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
anyone else reckon that referees give far too many 'fouls' - especially that aren't really fouls against Dzeko?

I see him laughing things off at times because I think there's no way he's impeded anyone but perhaps his size and strength count against him when other players bounce off of him - at least the way the referees interpret things?

opinions?

I thought that and yet he seemed to get fuck all
when he was fouled.
I did notice toward the end he ,shall i say
a little more rigorous in his contact and things were
let go.
Welcome to England Edin things are
going to be just fine.

all too often I see play with Dzeko pulled-up by the referee who awards a free-kick against him and Dzeko looks mystified and sort of shrugs his shoulders, laughs or smiles in resignation and bewilderment.

I'm wondering what his stats are like for conceding and winning fouls versus other bigger forwards.

makes you wonder if SWP was in a similar situation whether he'd be treated the same way or the ref would simply penalise the larger player?

maybe I'm mistaken, but so often I have this feeling Dzeko's being unfairly penalised by refs.

(and I've not thought this about any of our other playing staff)

Interesting topic, I noticed This long time ago, when Dzeko played for Wolfsburg and in national team. He is realy strong at his foot and sometimes looks like he made foul but when you look at replay you can see that oponent player just bounced from Dzeko. So I guess that referes will notice this mistake when they watch game again, and that they will fix their mistake.

someone should be a bit more vocal about it; Dzeko plays like 'Honest John' (from the few games I've seen him in) and the impression I get of him - from the anecdotal stories I've read, like giving up his apartment to a journalist who came from overseas to interview him (I think he went to crash with his girlfriend) lead me to believe he's a 'nice' guy and an extremely earnest hard grafter.

he'll find his English footballing legs I'm sure, no matter what some other posters have said, but I hope he isn't constantly held up for non-existent fouls simply because of his stature and strength.

(and as an aside, my opinion of Drogba on the other hand - which I've already given on here is that he'll cheat at the drop of a hat; blatant handball, going to ground etc)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.