Found my '99 Gillingham ticket in the loft...

kippaxkid74 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
...must be worth something?

Interestingly it says WIGAN ATHLETIC / MANCHESTER CITY on it. Does anyone know why?

Becasue the Wembley final tickets were printed before the result of the Semi, so it had both teams on because the winner would have that allocation and end at Wembley. Just as Gillinghams ticket would have said them and whoever they played i the semi (can't remember who!).

Preston were the other team.

That season there were 5 teams who are now in the top division. City, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke and Reading. Also two who have been there recently in Burnley and Blackpool.

Just a bit of info if anyone forgot or cares. :)

I found my scarf from that match the other day - in an old fishing box in the garage. Don't suppose that's worth anything either...except happy memories. We didn't realise it at the time but it was one of the biggest turning points in football history.

sir baconface said:
I found my scarf from that match the other day - in an old fishing box in the garage. Don't suppose that's worth anything either...except happy memories. We didn't realise it at the time but it was one of the biggest turning points in football history.

I found my old City underpants in an old box in the garage, that I'd worn for the game. They hadn't been washed. It wasn't pleasant.......

Ah the good old days. I have mine somewhere in the loft, neatly placed into the (plastic) bottle of Carlsberg I was charged £3.50 for in Wembley.
The Wigan print was because it wasn't known who would be there at the time of print. Apologies if that's been covered.

Goater's Nipple said:
kippaxkid74 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
...must be worth something?

Interestingly it says WIGAN ATHLETIC / MANCHESTER CITY on it. Does anyone know why?

Becasue the Wembley final tickets were printed before the result of the Semi, so it had both teams on because the winner would have that allocation and end at Wembley. Just as Gillinghams ticket would have said them and whoever they played i the semi (can't remember who!).

Preston were the other team.

That season there were 5 teams who are now in the top division. City, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke and Reading. Also two who have been there recently in Burnley and Blackpool.

Just a bit of info if anyone forgot or cares. :)

And 5 teams: Macc, Wrexham, Luton, York, Lincoln are all no longer Football League teams. If anyone cares :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.