Four Four Two magazine this month

bluebarn

I have been reading this magazine reguarly for years and as far as I can remember there has never been a current City player or manager on the front cover as the months main article. Well, the tide is turning, because this month Robinho is the major star on the front. To cap it all they also have an interview with Berbatov, but it is very much secondary to the Robhinho interview. The article on Robinho is 5 pages while Berbatov is 3 pages. At long last maybe we will start to get some more attention rather than it just being top 4 all the time. I bet the rags are furious that we can start to eclipse them, even if it is just a magazine. Maybe it is also a reflection of the relative successes that Rob and Berba have been since their transfers?

Even better is that they have published their annual rich list and of course our owners are no. 1, but that's not news to anyone.

I reckon if you count the amount of times that we have been on the back pages compared to the amount of times the Rags have been on the back pages this season, we'll be better. I don't think its been like that since the glory days of Quinn-Lake-White.

Slowly but surely the tide is turning.

Four-Four-Two's a quality read, i've not gotten it this month though - will have to pick it up.

I met one of the freelance writers on a flight to Barcalona last year for the Catalan Derby, Andy Mitton i think he's called, Mancunian - writes some really good stuff, Spanish correspondant for the Times i think aswell.

Simon Le Tom said:
Four-Four-Two's a quality read, i've not gotten it this month though - will have to pick it up.

I met one of the freelance writers on a flight to Barcalona last year for the Catalan Derby, Andy Mitton i think he's called, Mancunian - writes some really good stuff, Spanish correspondant for the Times i think aswell.

Andy Mitten is a pure rag. I think it was him that set up Red Issue. He's been taking the piss out of City for years.

bluebarn said:
Simon Le Tom said:

Andy Mitten is a pure rag. I think it was him that set up Red Issue. He's been taking the piss out of City for years.

He set up and still runs United We Stand fanzine.
The most obnoxious of Rags imagineable. Think of Terry Christian, then add a dollop of Pete Boyle and you're still only half way there.

Met a bird in Barcelona at the footie and moved over there. So while his fanzine repeatedly pours out the "Stockport" bollocks, he lives in Spain.

Hypocrite? Yeah, like all of the fuckers.

Im an avid reader of Four Four Two myself. Was well chuffed to see Robinho on the front, also though they have a section on the football rich list so obviously there is a big write up about City in that.

The Robinho article is brilliant though, it sounds like he is really happy here.

I used to get it all the time, not bought it for a couple of years though. Might go out and buy a copy today, was always a good read. I'm sure SWP was on the front cover once while with us. If he wasn't on the front cover there was definitely a long interview with him.

Soulboy said:
bluebarn said:

He set up and still runs United We Stand fanzine.
The most obnoxious of Rags imagineable. Think of Terry Christian, then add a dollop of Pete Boyle and you're still only half way there.

Met a bird in Barcelona at the footie and moved over there. So while his fanzine repeatedly pours out the "Stockport" bollocks, he lives in Spain.

Hypocrite? Yeah, like all of the fuckers.
I dont wanna defend him if he's bin a massive cock, but to us he was actually a really nice guy...knew i was a blue, i was with another red and l'pool fan - got a half hr cab journey with another lady from the Airport with us. He told us best places to visit, where to avoid, chatted football with us n a lil bit of banter...he gave us his number n offered to meet us before the game for a beer cos we weren' sure on the route up to Montjuic. Wasn't a cock in the slightest - just another guy who loved football, albeit scum football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.