Francis Lee autobiography | Mike Summerbee, OBE in conversation @ Simply Books, Bramall Saturday 7th Sept, 3pm

Convenient it's being held in a nice, quiet place like Bramall. Not that I'm cynical and I appreciate he was a wonderful player for City but the meaningful questions won't come thick and fast will they? It will just be one old bloke talking about his mate to the gentle 'cheshire set'. Just like with Swales the utter fuck ups made will be swept aside with no explanation. Those of us who were at Stoke City for example at the climax will never get closure or even any sort of answers to a hundred questions.
Hundred questions ?

I would have loved to have been there. I'm ordering aa copy. Glad you got the extra guests as well - great that they turned u.

About 10 years ago, I was on holiday in Tenerife and became pals for the week with Tommy Booth - he's got thousands of stories about that time, and all his words - and Buzzer's - are usually heartfelt, and often hilarious. Never met Stan Horne, but saw him play when i was a nipper.

Just on a kind of similar theme - I've got a book out this week but it's not about City or Football. It's about 9/11, and tells you of an untold Manchester connection. Hope the mod's won't mind - look on Amazon for Parallax 9/11 Part One: The Silent Assassin. I hope there'll be more in it for you to like than dislike.

Support a fellow blue!!
Cheers!

The words "Iconic" and "legend" have been cheapened through overuse in the 21st century.

However, that man, that photograph...

Was anyone old enough or lucky enough to be at St James's that day?

I have my dad's copy of The Pink.
Yeah was on a coach organised by my dad from the Windmill pub in Denton On the way back we stopped at a boozer in Leeds, although I was confined to the coach with lemonade and crisps. The adults were sing “Big daft Jack….” to the locals no aggro though
I think James H Reeves claims to be in that picture

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.