Francis Lee RIP

One of the Greats

I went to his debut, at home to Wolves and loved the guy ever since

RIP Lee One Pen

Sad! He was in the first live professional football game I ever saw, playing for Bolton v Liverpool in the League Cup....September 1967 just over 56 years ago. Bolton won 3-2 and i saw most of the game on my dads shoulders as a 7 year old. He moved to City not many weeks after that game and I next saw him in a blue shirt when my yet to be much older future brother in law came down from Scotland and started taking me to Maine Rd a couple of years later.

RIP , still remember that Ipswich game and the reception he got , brought Gio to the club and for that am eternally grateful

I just about remember his two seasons with us. A real City legend, may he rest in peace.
Francis Lee, 1967-74 City Legend.

His disastrous take over was probably 2 years....

My childhood memories are falling apart, feel quite devastated. Met him, have his autograph from '71

Him and Colin the King are already forming a legendary partnership...

Bless you Franny my hero RIP.

As a 10 year old I remember going to Highbury (Arsenal) in '72, and the Arsenal fans had a chant him, I asked my Dad what were they singing and he told me "Francis Lee's a soppy old git". To this day I don't know if he was protecting me.... but that is how I will always remember the chat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.