Francis Lee RIP

RIP Franny

My memory of him was as a messiah type figure during the takeover that was going to restore the club to the top. It uhh.. didn't quite work out like that but his intentions were good and his heart was always in the right place.

The dive in front of the ref in the derby.... he broke my heart scoring the winner for Derby Co.....cups for cock ups...the takeover.....will always be part of the furniture ..etched into the history of our great club. Two of the immortal triumvirate gone now

He was just before my time so I never had the pleasure of seeing him play. As a boy remember devouring old videos of the Lee, Bell & Summerbee era craving that we would one day have another team to be truly proud of.

He was the first to admit he made mistakes as a Chairman but he genuinely believed we'd reach the top again one day and boy was he right! His part in our revival should not be underestimated. Godspeed Franny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.