Francis Lee RIP

Going to wind that back and give it a listen.
I didn’t get long enough sadly. So much to say.

I’ve posted this lengthy profile on him to my website:

Pathetic isn't it when Derby have a far better tribute video up on their site last night for the 2 years he was there.
I’ve emailed the club and asked them to amend immediately. They said they’ll pass it over to the media team to ‘investigate’. Somebody going to get a bollocking.

Derby fan in peace,never before gone on another fans site,but making an exception to pay tribute to the great Franny Lee,we had him at the twilight of his career and a lot of fans said he’s come for the ride,how wrong we were,he was inspirational never saw him have a bad game,always 110% commitied,full of passion exuberance and goals,he formed a great partnership with Charlie George,and Kevin Hector,and on a wednesday night under the floodlights at the old Baseball Ground in a European cup semi final against Benfica with the great Eusebio ,absolutely tore them apart he was brilliant.He played like a kid in a schoolyard full of the cocky tricks and Always with a smile on his face.against the Dirtys (Leeds showing what a hard man he was.I’m sure we could go on and on,bottom line a LEGEND every where he played.He was always Man City but thank you for borrowing him to us for 2years helping us to win the title he was part of the best Derby team in our history.God bless you Franny,RIP.

Derby fan in peace,never before gone on another fans site,but making an exception to pay tribute to the great Franny Lee,we had him at the twilight of his career and a lot of fans said he’s come for the ride,how wrong we were,he was inspirational never saw him have a bad game,always 110% commitied,full of passion exuberance and goals,he formed a great partnership with Charlie George,and Kevin Hector,and on a wednesday night under the floodlights at the old Baseball Ground in a European cup semi final against Benfica with the great Eusebio ,absolutely tore them apart he was brilliant.He played like a kid in a schoolyard full of the cocky tricks and Always with a smile on his face.against the Dirtys (Leeds showing what a hard man he was.I’m sure we could go on and on,bottom line a LEGEND every where he played.He was always Man City but thank you for borrowing him to us for 2years helping us to win the title he was part of the best Derby team in our history.God bless you Franny,RIP.
Well said

broke my young heart when he signed for you

My dad used to tell me all about Franny, and very warmly called him Lee 1 Pen.
Whilst I never had the great privilege of seeing Franny play for us, I was around when he put his money where his mouth was and tried to rescue us when we were in the mud. I’ll remember him fondly for that if nothing else.
Rest in peace Francis Lee. A true blue hero.

Great post mate
I was 9 or 10 when he put that goal past us at MR
I now forgive him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.