frank making a comeback for the derby.

de niro said:
Love this thread, I only posted it to tease rascal ( sorry Russ) and to his credit he didnt bite. Glad I did though, very informative replies.

I guessed as much you sneaky fucker :)

Thanks for that reply PB

Thaksin caused me much heartbreak at the time of the takeover, for those who werent here BM was like a warzone for weeks and the reason i have so many posts is because of my vehement opposition to him coming anywhere near our club. It got very vicious on here at times, so vicious i ended up taking a 2 year sabbatical. I also gave up my season tickets and since then i have been to one game and that was with a mate whose grandad had died and he wanted me to use his ST for the last game of the season.

Im genuinely pleased he has gone, it was in my opinion dark days for the club i love, but it appears alls well that ends well.

Our thoughts should be on beating the rags on Monday.

allan harper said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Freestyler said:
If it wasn't for Thaksin, we wouldn't have the Sheikh.
Watch my lips: Thaksin had nothing to do with it and in fact nearly fucked up the sale completely.

Ok then,if it was nothing to do with TS, how did Sheikh come about Buying our club ? Who suggested City to The Sheikh ?
ADUG were looking to buy a PL club anyway and specifically wanted one that had a good fanbase, had been under-performing for a while and preferably had a decent stadium (although this wasn't a deal breaker). They had identified four potential targets - us, Arsenal, Newcastle & Everton. Discussions with Arsenal had made it clear that they could only acquire part of the shares and not all. So that was out. Newcastle wanted a ludicrous price as I understand it so that was crossed off the the list.

That left two clubs and the wanted to enter into serious discussions with both. As part of these discussions they asked for both clubs to sign various assurances such as non-disclosure agreements. Everton pissed them about and refused. Somewhere on an Everton forum there is a thread detailing the emails showing ADUG's representatives getting more exasperated with what they saw as Kenwright & Everton's unprofessionalism.

Garry Cook on the other hand behaved professionally and impressed them plus they saw the potential of the land around the stadium, which wouldn't have been possible at the other targets. Negotiations were hampered by Thaksin's ridiculous demands and I believe they were close to walking away as they saw him as an impossible obstacle. Eventually they managed to reach an agreement but I believe he walked away with far more than he put in and retained some of the shares and an honorary title, just to get the deal done. That's certainly not what ADUG wanted and as soon as decently possible these were taken off him.

I hope this comes out in Gary James' new book as it will kill some of these myths about Thaksin once and for all and show just how close to the edge he took us. If we'd gone over it, he's have walked away without a second glance.

I thought he did mean the ghost of Frank Sidebottom!
6a00d8341cb6b753ef0133f1b965d5970b-800wi

TIMPERLEY BLUES

"Find me and follow me
From Altrincham to Timperley
We are Man City and we're off our fuckin' tree"

PAPIER-MÂCHÉ ARMY

Dead Link to Jakarta Post

Jakarta Post running a story this morning that Thaksin will be at the derby but the link is dead at the moment so cannot say more.

Rascal said:
de niro said:
Love this thread, I only posted it to tease rascal ( sorry Russ) and to his credit he didnt bite. Glad I did though, very informative replies.

Thanks for that reply PB

Thaksin caused me much heartbreak at the time of the takeover, for those who werent here BM was like a warzone for weeks and the reason i have so many posts is because of my vehement opposition to him coming anywhere near our club. It got very vicious on here at times, so vicious i ended up taking a 2 year sabbatical. I also gave up my season tickets and since then i have been to one game and that was with a mate whose grandad had died and he wanted me to use his ST for the last game of the season.

Im genuinely pleased he has gone, it was in my opinion dark days for the club i love, but it appears alls well that ends well.

Middle-Eastern royals are OK then? Perfect from this football fan's point of view, but I am not sure how one ticks your ethical box and the other doesn't.

Marvin said:
Rascal said:
de niro said:

Thanks for that reply PB

Middle-Eastern royals are OK then? Perfect from this football fan's point of view, but I am not sure how one ticks your ethical box and the other doesn't.

The argument was a long time ago. But as far as i know the Shiekh has not been involved in the sort of human rights issues that Thaksin was.

At the time i had a personal stake in things, i no longer have that and probably will not again for the forseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.