Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just gets even weirder the deeper go on this one, always makes me laugh when it gets brought up.

Arsenal, some of the biggest whingers out there, are sponsored by Emirates. A company which only exists because of the existence of the owners oil money. Same goes for Madrid.

Barcelona is possibly the funniest, whining about Qatar when not too long ago it said 'Qatar Foundation' in big yellow letters on their shirts. Oil money wasn't a problem then eh?

At the end of the day, oil is the most valuable natural resource in the world, and football clubs are the most expensive toys in the world, is it any theres a link between the two? If Bill Gates bought Sheffield, would people constantly be banging on about computer money? I try to keep up with the NFL, but I've never heard anyone criticizing the Cowboys or the Chiefs because of their oil money! Could it be because they're owned by white men? Granted it might also be because they're a bit crap.
Again very true. Many fans & the media tried to portray our owner as some loadsaoilmoney playboy Sheikh. The original Arab fella we had who fronted the takeover did us no favours in that respect when he claimed we were gonna buy every top player in the world & become the biggest team overnight.

Thankfully that knob was removed from anything City related very soon after, but that loadsaoilmoney tag stuck irrespective of the way we've conducted our affairs since.

Alas, it will always be there but it will fade as the generations shift.

A Rag mate of mine was very quiet on the Sanchez front until his move to ManUre was confirmed. He's been going on all week that I'm hurting because ManUre beat us to Sanchez, but after 5 days he slipped up & admitted no-one would turn down that amount of money, after which I pointed out that he was finally admitting the main reason Sanchez went to Old Toilet wasn't because of ManUre's prestige, their 650m fans or their history, it was all down to plain old wonga!!

I told him previously that City pulled out of deals for VVD & Sanchez because we couldn't afford them, so he started calling me out saying 'City are supposed to be the richest club in the world, so why are you now saying you couldn't afford to match ManUre's offer?'

Simple I told him..... 2 things:

1. David Gill changed FFP into the model we see today to stop City, so it doesn't matter how much money we have, we can only spend so much.

2. A fool & his money are soon parted & City are no fools!

Moureen played the long game of complaining he couldn't compete with City & didn't try to stop rumours of him to PSG in an attempt to force ManUre's hand in the transfer market, & it worked.

As for City, Khaldoon said from the very beginning that we needed a period of accelerated growth, but the plan was always for City to be able to compete & be financially self sufficient after 5 years of owner investment.

We've long since achieved that, but yet we still get 'Oil Money' jibes levelled at us. I asked another Rag when was the last time our owner needed to invest in City? He couldn't answer because calling us out on 'Oil Money' was much more fun for the average labotomised ManUre fan, than actually being in receipt of the facts.

Unfortuntely, these are the level of Megaplebs we're up against...

Last edited:
That's the thing that these Raggys choose to ignore. Say we were to be taken over, as long as the new owner had the money to buy ADUG out they would probably not need to invest any of their own money at all. We are now no more reliant on outside investment than they are. Sadly for them FFP came a bit too late to have a serious impact on us hence why they are now looking at changing the Rules again.

Any chance of sticking to the thread??

Can see this going till the deadline.

The hold up is probably due to the timing of the transfer. Will it be now or a loan back until summer?

We should really pay the premium and get in him now.

Ive seen nothing of this lad except from youtube....

DIhno has been a colossus under Pep so if we did get him and he is our main choice then eh has huge boots to fill..hopefully we will have a season or two to phase him in while Dihno is phased out gradually. Diana still looks like he has everything to give but we have seen that before with various players...look like they can go on forever and suddenly you get a drop off in level between a season......

Time passes really fast, today it will not happen and on Monday the date is already the 29th and there seems to be no agreement between the clubs about the price. I hope he will arrive in January because we need him

It would be a bonus if we signed Fred and plays a part for the rest of this season but I don't think it's not necessary (as long as we got it boxed off for the summer).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.