Free Parking at Wealdstone FC for Community Shield

I am just giving all Blues only a quick update that there is still room at Wealdstone if anyone wants great hospitality from them guys, a good drink, no trouble.

If you are going by coach or Minibus just call them to book in as the numbers are starting to increase.

If you are by car or you are on foot then just turn up.

This is now our temporary London stop off for the season.

They are opening from 10am and food is being served all morning.

See you all there.

urmston said:
If you are prepared to walk for about 30 mins to get to Wembley there is loads of free on road parking to be had if you park further out from the city centre than the stadium.

It's not much different to COMS for me, where I've parked about 20 mins walk away for every match and never paid a penny for parking.

In fact, in one of way it is better, because if you park a couple of miles away from Wembley the neighbourhoods are quite leafy and safe for leaving your car, and look a lot nicer than they do a 20 minute walk from COMS.

any street names or specific areas for this mate so i can Satnav them?

blue b4 the moon said:
ALBY ALBY ALBY said:
give & go said:
dont know if i am going to make it yet , but fantastic service from wealdstone f.c and urge all blues to make it and put money in their coffers and need to protect our underfeated record of played 2 won 2
good luck wealdstone f.c for the coming season

Similar to this - can'y make Charity Shield but went for final and was spot on. Would recommend it to any fellow blues.

I'll be there.

The guy I usually coach with isn't running one so it's looking like a drive down and a couple of cokes rather than the usual 8 pints unless anyone from the Oldham area has 2 spare seats, is tea total and is parking at Ruslip.

We are running a coach from Heyside Cricket Club, I think there are still seats available at £30 each. PM me if you are interested and I will check. We are stopping at Wealdstone for a few pints.

andy66 said:
blue b4 the moon said:
ALBY ALBY ALBY said:
Similar to this - can'y make Charity Shield but went for final and was spot on. Would recommend it to any fellow blues.

I'll be there.

The guy I usually coach with isn't running one so it's looking like a drive down and a couple of cokes rather than the usual 8 pints unless anyone from the Oldham area has 2 spare seats, is tea total and is parking at Ruslip.

We are running a coach from Heyside Cricket Club, I think there are still seats available at £30 each. PM me if you are interested and I will check. We are stopping at Wealdstone for a few pints.

Cheers mate I'm sorted and already on it. Saw roytonblues thread in the Travel forum.

Another nudge.

We've around 400 booked in so far and therefore still have room for more. Ring 01895 637487 to book vehicle in. No charge.

BBQ and bar open from 10am.

Can anyone tell me the journey time from Wealdstone FC to Wembley please? I've done a quick search and if you take the Harrow and Wealdstone tube to Wembley Park Station using the Bakerloo Line and changing at Baker St to Metro Line it's coming up as 55 minutes...but if you take the Bakerloo line to Wembley Central it takes just 10 minutes....

Which line are fans taking in general?

Thanks for you help.

You just take the Metropolitan line from Ruislip station which is five minutes walk from Wealdstone FC. The journey time is about 20 mins maximum.

Ah I can see the confusion now.... Don't go to Wealdstone (Harrow), Wealdstone FC moved from there years ago and are now based at Grosvenor Vale in Ruislip. Stick it in your google maps and have a look.

So, to avoid any confusion, we're based in Ruislip, not Wealdstone (directions here).

Ruislip Social Club and Wealdstone FC are the same place.

For anyone interested, a little history. Wealdstone FC moved to Ruislip 3 years ago. We lost our ground in Harrow/Wealdstone back in 1991. Usual story, over-spending, then the chairman disappeared. However, that over-spending led us to win the first ever non-league double (Conference and FA Trophy) back in 1985.

We left Harrow with nowhere to go, and with the proceeds of the ground sale (which ended up as £3m instead of £6m due to some dodgy dealings) Wealdstone for two-years bizarrely co-owned Vicarage Rd, Watford. We had to leave there after two seasons with spiralling costs leaving us with just £1m in the bank. We've been living off that £1m ever since. The sum is now down to zero and we're living hand-to-mouth each season.

After the Watford debacle a series of local ground shares as tenants at Yeading, Edgware and Northwood ended when Ruislip Manor FC went bust and the leasehold on their site became available. Great news, or sort of, as there's only 7 years now remaining on the lease.

For a small club we have produced a number of players of note. Stuart Pearce obviously is top of the tree. He played over 240 games for us before Bobby Gould 'discovered' him. Then you've Vinny Jones and latterly Jermaine Beckford. Yet another slice of bad luck as Beckford's 20% sell-on never came to pass as he went on a free from Leeds to Everton.

We're still the best supported semi-pro outfit in North London even after the 18 years of homelessness and are wholly run by supporters.

All this, if you're still there, is leading to why you should come to us on Sunday.
The begging bowl stuff doesn't sit easy with me, but if you wanted to help out a struggling football club, albeit one in the sarf, then if a group of you wanted to sponsor a home game, or a player's kit, or whatever, then we'd be really grateful.

Anyway, enough. See you Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.