Free prescriptions

If they holiday in England and need a prescription thewy still don't have to pay. If we needed one in Wales or Scotland we'd still pay!!

If you need regular medication you can pay by monthly direct debit or a one off payment to get a prescription prepayment ceretificate (a plastic card) which covers all your prescription items for the year.

oakiecokie said:
Good job I`m over 60 years of age as it would cost me a fortune x 8 different lots that I take.

Me too, Oakiecoakie. Mind, we've coughed up over the years so we're entitled. And me bus pass. Oh, and there's me free eye test. They need to work at free teeth test next and when they've finished that I suggest free helicopter chauffeuring to home matches, so we don't get snarled up at FT!

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
tidyman said:
To balence things up the Welsh have to pay 5p for every placky bag from Asda.

We have to pay for every placky bag from the Co-op

They seen you coming. They're free at the two I go in.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
oakiecokie said:
Good job I`m over 60 years of age as it would cost me a fortune x 8 different lots that I take.

Me too, Oakiecoakie. Mind, we've coughed up over the years so we're entitled. And me bus pass. Oh, and there's me free eye test. They need to work at free teeth test next and when they've finished that I suggest free helicopter chauffeuring to home matches, so we don't get snarled up at FT!

Lucky beggars! Got to 60 they made the winter fuel allowance 61, got to 61 the barstewards made it 62, just checked it out, if I make it to this winter I'll hopefully get it. No chance of a bus pass, they stopped that for over sixties a couple of years back. Got the free prescription, that's because it suits the #*×#s to keep me in work until I pop my clogs.

In wales there is a pot of money for the NHS, the same as England.
The Welsh decided (in my opinion wrongly) toi use some of that money to provide free prescriptions.
I think all prescriptions should be free but the pot of money isn't elastic so when you allow free prescriptions, parking etc there is less for other health services.
It is a choice Wales made. England didn't .....
end of.
also we still pay taxes in wales

remember arthur mann said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
oakiecokie said:

Lucky beggars! Got to 60 they made the winter fuel allowance 61, got to 61 the barstewards made it 62, just checked it out, if I make it to this winter I'll hopefully get it. No chance of a bus pass, they stopped that for over sixties a couple of years back. Got the free prescription, that's because it suits the #*×#s to keep me in work until I pop my clogs.

Where did you get that about the bus pass from?

They haven't stopped it!

See

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-elderly-person-bus-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-elderly-person-bus-pass</a>

I qualify in September

Scotland are paying the price for free prescriptions, eye tests, and elderley health care. Nurse's and midwives have been cut enormously. As someone said, "what price a free prescription when an elderly relative has to sit on a trolley for 5 hours in A&E" .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.