Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are Stevie Wonder and I claim my £5!

Fernandinho, no finesse? Fucking hell man, he's one of the best passers in the team.

Not only is Fern a great passer, he’s a great decision maker and most of the time his passes are made under considerable pressure.

Totally agree .... He's the complete midflieder, who's better in world football in his position?

Great tackler, interceptor, brave, sniffs danger, remarkably good in the air and it often, goes unnoticed how many headers he wins in front of our back 4, reading of the game and anticipitaion is second to none, still pretty quick, amazing cardio/engine. Short and long passing is exceptional even under pressure, he can bring the ball out/dribble/go past a man, also has a good long shot on him ...

Tell me what midfielder is more rounded or more complete in world football? I can't think of one?
What a pity Brazil never found a decent fit for him, and usually hung him out to dry.
Unfortunately his career will be defined by Brazil's poor performances and playing in an inferior league ore- City, rather than his Premier league heroics where as you point out, he proves game after game he is the most complete, supreme player in his position

Absolutely, he will need obviously to be replaced, but he can be replaced by "different", and its unlikely we'll get the same anyway.

Agreed. His combination of technique and physicality is rare. Having the years of training in the bank must help him compared to younger players in the same position.

I expect pep to go for passing ability above all. Look at what a thimble of a man Jorginho is, and he was number 1 target.

If he wants to go to PSG then fair enough, but I highly doubt it. Neither Neymar or Mbappe will be there for very long and then he'll be the standout player for a big team in a shit league again with no chance of ever winning anything. I mean christ there's even talk of Juventus making a big for Mbappe now.

Either he goes Barca or he comes to us imo.

Ferna is completely irreplaceable. It speaks volumes how he has essentially been our only number 6 - barring Yaya’s surge of form to get an extension in Pep’s first season with us - ever since Pep took over.

I fear De Jong may go to Barca considering we’re tightening the purse strings (that’s what I’ve gathered from lack of targets for this window at least, and through pure speculation on my half we’re not willing to go financially mental with the FFP resurgence).

Ndombele for me is a bit clumsy, although is similar to Ferna in the same way Allan is for Napoli.

I hope that Neves can go up a level and that Wolves tail off a bit in the league, because I think he’s the most realistic, attainable target - but not my first choice and only at a suitable price.

But whoever we end up with will have the best coaching team in the world to improve them and fit the system. So I’m not too bothered!

A couple of normally reliable Barcelona sources claiming FDJ news coming by Monday (12th) whereby the club has met the demands of the player & agent - not a done deal but optimism things are close. Presumably would be some sort of pre-deal or loan as with Pulisic, we'll see

A couple of normally reliable Barcelona sources claiming FDJ news coming by Monday (12th) whereby the club has met the demands of the player & agent - not a done deal but optimism things are close. Presumably would be some sort of pre-deal or loan as with Pulisic, we'll see

Who leaves then?

Who leaves then?

Rakitic is almost certainly gone in summer (probably to PSG). There are currently 9 midfielders in the squad but I suspect the midfielders will be the following: FDJ, Busquets, Rabiot, Arthur, Alena, Coutinho, Roberto & Vidal with Puig getting broken in slowly. However, I hope Vidal will be gone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.