Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this guy isnt a 6 would be a huge waste to play him there. but we could have a shot if barca sign thiago

I will never understand people who say "it's a waste" to put player X as a 6.

How can it be a waste to put someone in the most important position in the entire side for Guardiola? The perfect position for any well rounded player, giving them loads of opportunities to attack from deeper positions, defend, press, show off passing, beat men with footwork, everything.

If you're good enough to be a #6 for Guardiola there is no skill wasted, you are getting on the ball more than anyone else in the side, dictating the entire tempo of the game, you create goals from deep and if you come forwards making late runs you can get as many touches in the opposition box as some strikers.

They are the lynchpin of the entire team, that's why Guardiola's first decision at Barcelona was promoting Busquets, his first decision at Bayern was to make Lahm the pivot, and his first signing at City was Gundogan. It's why he is so ridiculously effusive in his praise for Fernandinho.

Wasted? No chance.

Last edited:
If Ajax dont qualify for the CL, I wonder if that will change things. Either way I am pretty sure he is set to go to Barca unfortunately.

If Ajax dont qualify for the CL, I wonder if that will change things. Either way I am pretty sure he is set to go to Barca unfortunately.

Barca’s finances must be under pressure - I know they sold Neymar but they have been blowing money left right and centre these last 12 months. They have a run down stadium to rebuild and allegedly the ‘Soft loans’ and ‘back handlers’ (sorry subsidies) from the state govt are now illegal... no way can Barca keep spending at the present rate.

Ziyech and Neres are they players possibly being sold. FDJ and De Ligt are staying this season according to Dutch media and comments from Ajax brass

Barca’s finances must be under pressure - I know they sold Neymar but they have been blowing money left right and centre these last 12 months. They have a run down stadium to rebuild and allegedly the ‘Soft loans’ and ‘back handlers’ (sorry subsidies) from the state govt are now illegal... no way can Barca keep spending at the present rate.
They could bin a few players to get cash in, Digne a great example (18mil!)

Incoherent sporting targets from the board but surprisingly they've been staying in the black over the last few transfer windows. They have a high wage bill but also appear to be managing this well

I would be shocked if even this board bottled the De Jong transfer, whether now or in 2019 - I believe it is only a question of when, not if

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.