Frenkie de Jong

I'd love De Jong. My only concern is that while we're haggling with Barcelona, United come in and offer something ridiculous like 80 mil and 400kp/w for him.

You'd like to think he's realised he's already spent enough of his career sitting on whatever Barca have been paying him and not really challenging for much.

Why follow the same mistake so many others have made by wasting his best years with united?

Surely if he's leaving Barcelona then he's not looking at them as a serious option.

Having picked Barcelona over us at that point was a much lesser mistake than it would be picking United now
True. But if he did it again then thats a genuine reason not to want him. No point in wanting this done quickly just to prevent another team getting him instead (as OP suggested). He would need to pass that test to get into our squad

Having picked Barcelona over us at that point was a much lesser mistake than it would be picking United now.

Oh yeah.

Anyone who at this point went to The Rags if they had an offer from us would have to be a Rag, very stupid or just in it for the money.

City are currently light years ahead of United. They have a bigger fan base but that is it.

True. But if he did it again then thats a genuine reason not to want him. No point in wanting this done quickly just to prevent another team getting him instead (as OP suggested). He would need to pass that test to get into our squad

Spot on. If he goes to the rags, as others have ahead of us, then he's not a player we want. We've looked at Sanchez and Maguire but they've paid more and got them. I don't think we have any regrets there.

He might want to play under Ten Hag again, but Pep should be a more attractive proposition.

Oh yeah.

Anyone who at this point went to The Rags if they had an offer from us would have to be a Rag, very stupid or just in it for the money.

City are currently light years ahead of United. They have a bigger fan base but that is it.
And they have history but guess what. It is history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.