Frenkie de Jong

When he signed for Barcelona he earned €14m a year which is roughly £250k/week. On here people have been suggesting it was between £400k and £600k.

When the pandemic hit he agreed a contract that reduced it it to 3m in 20/21 and 9m in 21/22 but saw him earn the lost money (roughly 15m euro) back in the later years of the deal starting from next year.

The light blue is a 2m euro bonus he gets for playing 60% of games.

So he'll be getting 20.88m in 22/23, the year after 27.7m.

Barcelona want to sell him now to get out of paying the deferred wages.

lol at Barca. All their "mes que un club" rhetoric is as hollow as Liverpool's "You'll never walk alone"

They're all family ... until they're not.

Marca have seen FdJ's contract and it shows he's not earning the stupid numbers bandied about on here.

He was on £250k/week, in 2020 he restructured his deal so he'd only earn £50k during the pandemic, 150 last season and now Barcelona are about to have to pay him the deferred money.

Which explains why they're trying to sell him, his salary is about to effectively double.

Marca say FDJ wants the roughly 15m euro he deferred before he leaves and Barcelona are trying to fuck him out of it.

View attachment 48849

To be fair there were plenty of media outlets in Spain which did say higher figures than 250 k weekly.
Whether Marca have actually seen the contract and the figures they reveal are accurate is another question.
I doubt even with bonuses he ever was due over 300k weekly.

What is fair to say is that his wages are another big drain on a club whose planning and management is as bad as the club who wants to buy him.

That and he's a water carrier on the pitch

I don't know about this but I do remember when we tried to get him the first time he was yet another one touted as a "GENERATIONAL" prospect, and now he's just another good midfielder. It's over used as a term, should be reserved for only an absolute standout for a generation.

The only "generational" ones we could have got realistically have been Hazard, Messi, De Bruyne, Kane, Haaland. Aguero you can maybe put in there but there were a good few strikers of a similar level in his generation, (Suarez, Higuaín, Lewandowski, Benzema) so I don't think he quite counts for that term.

I don't know about this but I do remember when we tried to get him the first time he was yet another one touted as a "GENERATIONAL" prospect, and now he's just another good midfielder. It's over used as a term, should be reserved for only an absolute standout for a generation.

The only "generational" ones we could have got realistically have been Hazard, Messi, De Bruyne, Kane, Haaland. Aguero you can maybe put in there but there were a good few strikers of a similar level in his generation, (Suarez, Higuaín, Lewandowski, Benzema) so I don't think he quite counts for that term.
Aguero made his professional debut at 15. He was absolutely generational.

So is the reason we lost interest in FDJ because of his complicated contract situation with Barca?

I don't think there has been any real interest in him, since he moved there.

If there was any interest, it would certainly have been engaged during the Torres deal-making. The fact we insisted on a money deal and not a player exchange option, when they clearly struggled for money and blatantly want to shift him on, tells me there was no interest. The fact we haven't gone anyehere near him this summer when again they look like trying tonshift him and he doesn't seem willing to rush to join his old manager, and in the meantime we have signed 4 players, tells me that there is zero interest on our part, regardless of his contract situation and apparent availability.

Barcelona want to sell him now to get out of paying the deferred wages.

I struggle to believe how even they would think that is in any way feasible. And that it isn't covered in the agreement he made when reducing his wages. In particular for their own spending reviews within la-liga.

De Jong deferred €16m wages over 2 seasons from a total €28m

Barcelona are trying to force him to accept a permanent wage cut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.