From Blue to Red

What a joke. It's up to the fans now to do everything in their power to get it changed back

It's all to do with the colours of the Welsh flag so I'm told. Easier for them given this connection and the fact that they don't already share a city (sort of) with another team in red.

Oddly enough, Swansea's away centenary away kit is now red white and green!!

Is this definitely happening? I heard it about six weeks ago. They were going to change to a red strip and also change the bluebird crest to a red dragon, to appeal more to the Asian fan base that was expected to come with the new owners. There was such an outcry the owners scrapped the idea.

Is it back on again now?

From Bluebirds to Red Dragons, fucking hell Thaksin probably would've tried something like this eventually. The Cardiff owner seemed quite snotty when the fans rejected the idea weeks ago, I hope they go apeshit over this.

I thought this idea got canned weeks ago. It's to do with red being the national colour of Malaysia, isn't it?

Outrageous if they've gone ahead with it.

Edit: F*ck me, they've done it. I imagine the fans will only buy the away kit anyway, so it's likely to backfire.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2155216/Cardiff-City-launch-new-red-home-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-kit.html</a>

If the local fans don't but it for 2 years they will change it back.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans refuse to buy season tickets, we'll have the Cardiff Bluebirds beginning their existence come August.

it's a bit odd because they canned this idea a few weeks ago after a huge outcry from the fans. the excuse is that red is considered a more dynamic colour in the far east. they're also canning the bluebird badge for a dragon. outrageous.

Didn't Wrexham change from being the Robins to being the Red Dragons a few years' back? Remember hearing a lot of their fans weren't happy about that, and that was just a mascot change, their kit stayed the same colour.

I look at the Cardiff owners and I look at Chelsea, then I look at ADUG and thank god we have the best owners in the world!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.