FSA AGM - reportedly a fans' motion supportive of APT rules proposed

Didn’t know the FSA was funded by the PL. A good reason not to trust the FSA.
When I was on the National Council, the FSF (as it was then) received funding from the PL (who gave it very reluctantly) as well as the PFA too. The PL funded it as they have to support various causes as part of their commitment to grass roots football and other aspects of the game. I recall after one meeting with the PL, which was quite heated, the PL ''threatened'' to pull the plug on the funding if the FSF continued to be a thorn in their side.....
They also received money from the Home Office for organising the Free Lions / and the Welsh equivalent free fanzines at England & Wales away games and associated costs of sending folk out there before hand to suss the place out etc.

When I was on the National Council, the FSF (as it was then) received funding from the PL (who gave it very reluctantly) as well as the PFA too. The PL funded it as they have to support various causes as part of their commitment to grass roots football and other aspects of the game. I recall after one meeting with the PL, which was quite heated, the PL ''threatened'' to pull the plug on the funding if the FSF continued to be a thorn in their side.....
They also received money from the Home Office for organising the Free Lions / and the Welsh equivalent free fanzines at England & Wales away games and associated costs of sending folk out there before hand to suss the place out etc.
Interesting to know this background. I was initially opposed to an independent regulator but the more I learn the more I realise how corrupted the top of football is. The fans need a true independent voice but I don’t know how it would be funded

Interesting to know this background. I was initially opposed to an independent regulator but the more I learn the more I realise how corrupted the top of football is. The fans need a true independent voice but I don’t know how it would be funded

A percentage of gate receipts set by the IR. Just cut the PL out of it.

Easy. The first game of this season, 1 quid is added to every season ticket / ticket / pay on the gate of every game played in England & Wales throughout the pyramid system. That's enough to keep it going for 5 years +. When the money runs out, do it again the next first game of the season.

The average football fan is a fucking idiot when it comes to anything that a pundit isn't spouting. I wouldn't trust a group of them from numerous clubs to correctly, understand my lads maths homework let alone a complex legal and technical case. I'm sure you can all think about what the average fan in the pub is like.

This is pretentious I know, but the average City fan is smarter and better informed about how the business of football works because we've had to seek out actually qualified people such as various accountants and lawyers and the rest to explain things for almost two decades due to the unbelievable ignorance of the modern football press and pundit class. Fuck these guys

The average football fan is a fucking idiot when it comes to anything that a pundit isn't spouting. I wouldn't trust a group of them from numerous clubs to correctly, understand my lads maths homework let alone a complex legal and technical case. I'm sure you can all think about what the average fan in the pub is like.

This is pretentious I know, but the average City fan is smarter and better informed about how the business of football works because we've had to seek out actually qualified people such as various accountants and lawyers and the rest to explain things for almost two decades due to the unbelievable ignorance of the modern football press and pundit class. Fuck these guys
When I was on the board (am I beginning to sound like Uncle Albert?) it was made up of leading fans of clubs like AFC Wimbledon, Stockport, Northampton and other clubs being run by Supporters Trusts, as well as individuals from groups like IMUSA (laugh as we may about the Glazer's, but they were politically clued up and took on and beat Murdoch) as well as fans from other clubs, politicised through their club being run to the ground by rotten owners. You did get the odd type of fan who just likes to be on a committee (and to be honest, they have a great use at ensuring protocol and standing orders are carried out to the letter) but over time and with yearly elections, more radical thinking fans came on board.
I left in 2011 so can't speak of today's set up.

Last edited:
These sort of things evolve and move on. The make up of fans also changes. From the days of 99.9% male fans through the violent clashes to female fans pushing their way in ;-) to today’s almost 50 - 50 gender fan participation. So how can one or two representatives from every club fully represent everyone? That is said in a friendly fashion by the way.
Life shows us in many, many ways that everyone has a different opinion. (See BM for proof *lol*)
So it will never be perfect but I hold my hands up to the people who take the plunge and have the courage to speak for the rest of us.
One day, hopefully, we will get as much as possible of what we want/need. :-) :-)

JMHO Which I hope makes sense.

These sort of things evolve and move on. The make up of fans also changes. From the days of 99.9% male fans through the violent clashes to female fans pushing their way in ;-) to today’s almost 50 - 50 gender fan participation. So how can one or two representatives from every club fully represent everyone? That is said in a friendly fashion by the way.
Life shows us in many, many ways that everyone has a different opinion. (See BM for proof *lol*)
So it will never be perfect but I hold my hands up to the people who take the plunge and have the courage to speak for the rest of us.
One day, hopefully, we will get as much as possible of what we want/need. :-) :-)

JMHO Which I hope makes sense.
If you said this at the Conference today you'd be pulled up for failing to include non binary fans.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.