Fugu Fish

Burnage Burnsy

The most poisonous fish in the world - nearly finished off Homer Simpson.

How many people died when it was first discovered? Why did they not give up after a few deaths? How did they discover how to prepare it safely?

Anyone on here had it?

Off to Hong Kong later in the year - want to try it.

They farm a lot of it now, they say the farmed version is not poisonous, it's the food they eat that makes them poisonous, it's about £30 in Japan, make sure you only it at a licensed place, the stuff you buy in the supermarkets is farmed and won't harm you

Robson Green caught one on a fishing programme a couple of months back and ate when he got back, he was fucking bricking it though
In Japan chefs have to train how to cook it for FIVE years before they can serve it in a restaurant

Nothing can taste so good its worth risking death!

Keep your fugu, I'll have steak pudding and chips.

kippaxwarrior said:
Robson Green caught one on a fishing programme a couple of months back and ate when he got back, he was fucking bricking it though
In Japan chefs have to train how to cook it for FIVE years before they can serve it in a restaurant

Source?

paphos-mcfc said:
kippaxwarrior said:

Source?

Was on Robson Greens extreme fishing a couple of weeks ago. They were scared to pick one of the fish up on the boat even though they had thick rubber gloves on.

Gotta try it

kippaxwarrior said:

Could just be an urban myth, but i believe in order to become a legal chef of the Fugu, you have to eat a fish prepared by yourself.

talkativesprout said:
kippaxwarrior said:

Could just be an urban myth, but i believe in order to become a legal chef of the Fugu, you have to eat a fish prepared by yourself.

Im sure he said 5 years on his extreme fishing show
It was only on a few weeks ago so it might be on 5 on demand
Not really into fishing but i saw this fish was on and ive heard about it before so i decided to watch it, it was very interesting, not sure i would try it though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.