Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Regards the "offside", I thought it was actually poor goalkeeping/defending, but if we are going to disallow goals like that, football might as will give up.

A corner is given, a corner is taken, an unmarked defender heads it into the corner of the goal, then the keeper complains about players in front of him, at a corner, who'd have thought that possible ?

Ake was behind the penalty spot (unmarked), got a free header, and placed it perfectly.

Marco Silva probably needs to complain more about his keeper/defenders than the referee and the other officials, he can fuck off for me.

The debate about the second goal and Akanji's part in it is interesting. TBH I thought it would be flagged as offside..... and in my view it probably was offside.

So did I but that was because I see VAR as a mechanism for cheating some clubs for the benefit of others. I couldn't see WHY it should be disallowed. Certainly Akanji was in an offside position but he was not attempting to play the ball (indeed he made every effort to ensure he didn't), at no point was in Leno's line of sight and Leno never hesitated in his attempt to save the ball. I accept the VAR decision was controversial (because many don't agree wit it but the reasoning behind the decision to allow the goal was in accordance with all directives on offside. I accept that sometimes it would be disallowed but by the same token Fulham must accept that the referee can allow the goal without any qualms. It is one of those cases where the question should be not "is it offside?" but rather "what is offside?" and "did it make any difference?" This is entirely different from the "goal" in last season's derby for which all the directives on offside screamed that the goal shold be ruled out!
It was offside and that’s pretty much the end of the debate

HOWEVER

If any rags try and tell you he was offside, just ask them was Rashford offside last season

Regards the "offside", I thought it was actually poor goalkeeping/defending, but if we are going to disallow goals like that, football might as will give up.

A corner is given, a corner is taken, an unmarked defender heads it into the corner of the goal, then the keeper complains about players in front of him, at a corner, who'd have thought that possible ?

Ake was behind the penalty spot (unmarked), got a free header, and placed it perfectly.

Marco Silva probably needs to complain more about his keeper/defenders than the referee and the other officials, he can fuck off for me.
The referee/VAR threads are unusually quiet though for such a contentious refereeing decision! ;-)

Doku shows promise. Wow he’s fast. Pep will turn him into someone who can defend.

Oscar Bob heckuva cameo.

Philips had a pretty good cameo himself. Love his attitude. He got about 5 minutes and determined he was gonna play his absolute best for those 5 minutes. Great great attitude.

My son asked me today if Haaland was the best player in the world and I felt like it’s time to get used to saying yes to that question.

Philips had a pretty good cameo himself. Love his attitude. He got about 5 minutes and determined he was gonna play his absolute best for those 5 minutes. Great great attitude.
He had about 14 minutes in total with added time, he did very well for me, hopefully some blues will get off his back for a bit.

First half was a real struggle against a capable Fulham side. Phil looked to be the only player with an attacking threat, though I think Doku will get people off their seats by the season end.

The half was very stop start, the reason was olivar, he really is fucking terrible, guaranteed whenever it's one of our games. The goal by Nat may have been offside, but then again what about st findus at the swamp last season????

Even if it had been chalked off, I still think we'd have made cottage pie of them in the second half.

The second half we were much more cohesive, Phil n Erl looked a threat as did Hooolian and Doku. Key to that was the platform offered by Rodri and especially Kovacic, rapidly looking like player of the season.

Erl showed plenty of bottle taking the pen, and his third/ our fifth was a gorgeous cutback from Gomez.

Loved big Juanma "Kevin" Lillo making excellent use of the subs too!

That Brazilian chap who sang a more soulful Blue Moon, can we sign him up?

Enjoyed it today!

Never going to be the best of atmospheres against Fulham, but I do respect the way they play, and beats teams throwing everything behind the ball.

Think we can further develop playing both Alvarez and Haaland together to become an unstoppable force.

It seems mad to say, as we scored 5 goals, but I found the game quite boring today until the last 10 mins or so, when the subs came on and we played some more exciting football.

The last goal was a beauty. Great finish from Erling and nice build up.

I thought Foden & Alvarez had quite good games, but we weren't quite firing as a team most of the game.

Fulham were a bunch of whining shithouses, they seemed to have an unsually high amount of head injuries at crucial moments. Absolutely shite turnout for a PL team away end also. They had 4 coaches in the away coach park! I bet they weren't even all full either.

after the first half, was worried it be like last season.

must of been some major arse kicking at HT as all the sloppy passes were gone in 2nd half.

Fulham were very negative, another team who like to time waste and copy arsenal with the constant 'breaks' for instructions off their boss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.