Fulham pubs

Ruddles81 said:
LongsightM13 said:
Instead of the tube, get the overland train to Putney from Waterloo or Vauxhall and past Battersea Power Station. Turn right out of the station and a less than five-minute walk gets you to two top boozers on your left, next to the bridge and the Thames, and a short walk through the park to the away end. Pricey but decent beer and food, and all the barmaids are fit posh totty like Kate Middleton. Myself, salford Paul and assorted other gentlemen will be there early doors chancing our finest Mancunian charm and wit on the upper classes.

Exactly what I'd do if coming from Manchester too. Victoria Line to Vauxhall, pick up the Putney train there and then you have loads of top boozers on Putney High Street and towards the river to choose from. Lovely stuff.

Sounds like a cracking plan so will probably run with this.

We're booked on the 7PM train home. Does anyone know whether the reverse route - overland train to Vauxhall and Victoria line to Euston - would leave us enough time when coming back after the game? I'm guessing Putney Bridge tube station will be hammered.

Sounds like a plan.

KBF_web.jpg

Ruddles81 said:
If you're an ale fan there is a pub over the bridge into Putney and just back from the river called the Bricklayers Arms. Top quality boozer that has won all sorts of CAMRA awards for its beers.

The down side to this is the beer farts other supporters have to endure in the away end.

M18CTID said:
Ruddles81 said:
LongsightM13 said:
Instead of the tube, get the overland train to Putney from Waterloo or Vauxhall and past Battersea Power Station. Turn right out of the station and a less than five-minute walk gets you to two top boozers on your left, next to the bridge and the Thames, and a short walk through the park to the away end. Pricey but decent beer and food, and all the barmaids are fit posh totty like Kate Middleton. Myself, salford Paul and assorted other gentlemen will be there early doors chancing our finest Mancunian charm and wit on the upper classes.

Exactly what I'd do if coming from Manchester too. Victoria Line to Vauxhall, pick up the Putney train there and then you have loads of top boozers on Putney High Street and towards the river to choose from. Lovely stuff.

We're booked on the 7PM train home. Does anyone know whether the reverse route - overland train to Vauxhall and Victoria line to Euston - would leave us enough time when coming back after the game? I'm guessing Putney Bridge tube station will be hammered.
We're booked on the same train. That's loads of time mate, by whatever route.
The tube queues at Putney Bridge are long but fast moving, they put on loads of extra and longer trains. Putney overground station was about a 10 minute wait last season when the tube was shut, but still back to Euston in loads of time

LongsightM13 said:
M18CTID said:
Ruddles81 said:

We're booked on the same train. That's loads of time mate, by whatever route.
The tube queues at Putney Bridge are long but fast moving, they put on loads of extra and longer trains. Putney overground station was about a 10 minute wait last season when the tube was shut, but still back to Euston in loads of time

Ok, cheers for that mate - I didn't think it would be a problem but I've only ever done Fulham on the coach in the past and wasn't sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.