fulham v portsmouth called off

And to be honest, I don't fancy the chances of our game being on on Monday very much, especially if the predicted snow for Monday arrives.

Even more frighteningly, the long range forecast is for the temperature to not rise above freezing till the end of January leaving us with a potentially shocking backlog of fixtures.

Its a fucking joke all the games getting canceled. The teams should put up a disclaimer and get the games on if the pitchs are playable then the game should go ahead. Let the fans decide if they want the hassle of getting to the game.
I can see why Liverpool want there game canceled but the league shouldn't give into them. No top league side should call off there games with all the money about the league they should have there ground ready for the home games they play. If it means paying money towards getting the roads gritted for the fans so be it. It wouldn't cost them that much money.Now when it gets to teams having to play 3 games in a week they cant bother even to moan about it.

DD said:
And to be honest, I don't fancy the chances of our game being on on Monday very much, especially if the predicted snow for Monday arrives.

Even more frighteningly, the long range forecast is for the temperature to not rise above freezing till the end of January leaving us with a potentially shocking backlog of fixtures.

If every game in January is postponed, won't that leave everyone with a backlog of fixtures? Level playing field, except we don't have European football to squeeze in as well.

Maybe we should think about moving our home games out to Abu Dhabi til the weather gets better..with the sheik laying on a fleet of jumbo jets for s/t holders.

Every club should be responsible for having the pitch playable and having the surrounding areas (the property that is owned by the club) clear and safe or be given a points deduction. If the roads have not been closed by the local townships, boroughs etc. the game should go on regardless of how many people are in the stands. These games are being cancelled/postponed because the clubs do not want to lose revenue due to the reduced attendances.

I'm frantically trying to change my Bluemoon Fantasy League team so that I have 11 players who will actually be playing this weekend!

samharris said:
I blame all these accident no win no fee companies..
Surely theres plenty of scope for lots of law suits by these copmpanies for fans that slip fall and get injured or broken limbs ??

Could be wrong...but it seems that health and safety has gone mental.

Posted on another thread the concept of ScrewAnyOne4Us lawyers or pseudo lawyers who test whether councils or companies think it might be worth going to court before they cough up other folks' money.

Sir Holiness His Royal Highness Dickey Leese was on last night moaning about how he couldn't understand why one school was open and one round the corner was shut.

How you get to be leader of the council of City of Manchester with such a seemingly small brain, I do not know.

Richard, my dear, you and politicians like you have shovelled through the idea of cotton-wool safety for the masses, and when there's a snowflake about, you wonder why folk run for cover. Are you going to stand up and say "I will be the one in the dock on a negligence charge!" Are you billy-buggery, so heads and the like take a decision, too, that it's not going to be them. And to the religious zealots who, like the Windmill Theatre, never close, hope yer lucky!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.