Full backs average age over 30.

dromoreblue

Is there any club in the premier with an older average age of full back than City. We need to add some younger legs.

I agree. Whilst I think Sagna has been excellent this season - although he was part of the malaise on Saturday, possibly due to too many games - I thought the signing was strange as it was a chance to bring some fresh legs into the team.

We also have an old engine room with fernandinho, navas, toure and silva all there or thereabouts.

When you add all this up, plus provide some back up for Aguero and Hart, it means we have to replace up to 10 players over a couple of years.We are in danger of needing a squad revolution rather than constant evolution.

left back position should have been upgraded couple of years ago already, strange that its been overlooked for so long imo.

I agree. Whilst I think Sagna has been excellent this season - although he was part of the malaise on Saturday, possibly due to too many games - I thought the signing was strange as it was a chance to bring some fresh legs into the team.

We also have an old engine room with fernandinho, navas, toure and silva all there or thereabouts.

When you add all this up, plus provide some back up for Aguero and Hart, it means we have to replace up to 10 players over a couple of years.We are in danger of needing a squad revolution rather than constant evolution.

Think the academy might produce one or two to bring thru in stages

It's ridiculous that Sagna has played near enough every game when we had Maffeo as back up whilst Zab was injured.

When Sagna joined the inside story was that he'd be here for probably 2 years, at which point either Ash Smith Brown or Pablo Maffeo would be ready to break through and become one of the right backs.

Now I don't know what has happened to ASB, his stock seems to have fallen since then (a few injuries I think, he's still young). Maffeo on the other hand.. well, it's really disappointing that he wasn't given a debut while Zab was out. He could have been an option to give Sagna a rest for even 20/30 minutes of a game, but now we are no closer to knowing if he is ready than we were at the start of the season.

Right back (and fullback in general) has been a problem area injury-wise this season, so for me it's totally wrong that Maffeo hasnt been given a go.

To be honest with the amount we've spent we really should have assembled a galactico team by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.