Full Backs

Dobsy said:
Apologies if there's already a thread, I can't see it.

There's lots of finger pointing at the moment over our run of bad form: Mancini is making mistakes; summer buys weren't good enough; I've even heard "Yaya is lazy". Does anyone agree with me that having Kolarov, Clichy, Richards and Maicon out is the simple explanation for our bad form?

We're so strong through the centre that teams are sitting 10 behind the ball through the middle, so we need to stretch the game and get around them. Our 4 best attacking full backs are out. This didn't happen last season, it has done this season. If two of them were fit, we'd have stonked Reading and Sunderland.

You certainly have a point ........

the lack of decent balls into the box has been all too evident today , and Sunderland were able to cope and the the points ..... we HAVE to be able to offer more than this , or we might as well call it quits right now!

Just to point out an example , i've just seen Newcastle score two goals from balls played into the rags box on MOTD ..

Dobsy said:
Apologies if there's already a thread, I can't see it.

There's lots of finger pointing at the moment over our run of bad form: Mancini is making mistakes; summer buys weren't good enough; I've even heard "Yaya is lazy". Does anyone agree with me that having Kolarov, Clichy, Richards and Maicon out is the simple explanation for our bad form?

We're so strong through the centre that teams are sitting 10 behind the ball through the middle, so we need to stretch the game and get around them. Our 4 best attacking full backs are out. This didn't happen last season, it has done this season. If two of them were fit, we'd have stonked Reading and Sunderland.

Good point, but this is when the manager earns his money. If the players are out you look at the system and tactics to accommodate this fact. You don't blindly carry on and use poorer alternatives hoping they will do the same job ie. Playing Kolo as a wing back, which is definitely not his game.

However I agree that with these players fit the results and performances would most likely be better

Hes the left back remember said:
Could not understand why we didnt put sinclair on in place of kolo to attack gardner, a makeshift full back
too right, 6ft2" striker on so we put lescott on instead of someone who could put a cross in and has PACE, people are saying sinclair not good enough, ffs we havent give him a chance, garcia has been ok lately as hes played few games on the run rather than odd sub appearence.

I would say this is the main reason we are poor this season.Richards getting injured at the olympics didnt help.Clichy as been injured quite a bit this season and now Kolarov

The fullback situation is the only problem.
Yesterday when hearing the team I suggested that it should have been zab - kolo - vinny and either nasty or lescott.
Milner and garcia would cover their forward runs and they would both have been on their best foot.
Sick of hearing its time mancini went or we cant win the league now.
At half time yesterday we were in a position where we could have been one point off the top.
We have turned over this situation before and we will do it again.
You blues who were being negative yesterday at Sunderland, give your head a shake , understand its more difficult to win as champions and lets get the positives going starting saturday.

mcfcirlam said:
Yesterday when hearing the team I suggested that it should have been zab - kolo - vinny and either nasty or lescott.
Milner and garcia would cover their forward runs and they would both have been on their best foot.
At half time yesterday we were in a position where we could have been one point off the top.
You blues who were being negative yesterday at Sunderland, give your head a shake , understand its more difficult to win as champions and lets get the positives going starting saturday.

i salute you sir!

Dobsy said:
mcfcirlam said:

i salute you sir!
Ditto

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.