Full Backs?

Tuttomercato linking us to Faouzi Ghoulam, saying he's not signing a new contract at Napoli and we could have him for about £12m. Personally not a fan from the little I've seen of him, reminds me of Ricardo Rodriguez/Kolarov. Can whip in a cross but pretty slow and not the greatest defender.

Anyone seen more of him that can give more info?
You have described him well enough. He is not veey good.

I'd much rather some more mobile and technical like Grimaldo, Henriches or Kimmich. In fact all three of those would be great thank you.

Kimmich would be a good signing - could cover a range of positions and Pep could mound him into quite a player - looks like he might be up for a move too.

Grimaldo would be the best left back we could get from everything I personally have seen. He looks like the perfect Pep fullback on and off the ball. He's quick, agile, defends positively (as in proactive rather than reactive), seems to read the game very well in terms of team shape and very rarely seems to get beaten in one on one challenges but above all he seems to always have time and space on the ball because he plays with his head up, always picking the right pass whether it's down the line or cutting inside.

Grimaldo would be the best left back we could get from everything I personally have seen. He looks like the perfect Pep fullback on and off the ball. He's quick, agile, defends positively (as in proactive rather than reactive), seems to read the game very well in terms of team shape and very rarely seems to get beaten in one on one challenges but above all he seems to always have time and space on the ball because he plays with his head up, always picking the right pass whether it's down the line or cutting inside.

I'll be surprised if we don't get him tbh. We were heavily linked with him before he got injured.

Don't know what age Coleman is but I think he is best attacking right back in premier league and a good tackler. Would have been a more suitable buy than Stones from Everton and would have saved us 30 million

Don't know what age Coleman is but I think he is best attacking right back in premier league and a good tackler. Would have been a more suitable buy than Stones from Everton and would have saved us 30 million
And we'd be going through the season with Otamendi and Kolarov as our only centre backs. Stones will look a bargain in the next season or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.