Full Backs?

We need to fuck off this idea of attacking full backs, we need full backs who can defend and that should be the most important skill for them.

If we are playing a team who we can really get at then go 3 at the back with Sterling and Sane as wing backs, getting truely pissed off now that we have all said for the last 2 years that we are crying out for new full backs and yet nobody else seems to see it.

You don't think we should get fullbacks who match Pep's system?

For me this is the biggest fail in our recruitment plan for a very long time. Zab/Kolarov/Clichy are costing us games on a regular basis. Whether its all on Txiki or Pep or Pelle, ignoring this position and allowing it to get in this mess is an error on a big scale . The world knows what Pep needs out of his fullbacks(in this system) and anyone can tell you, Kolarov/Zab would never have been able to work. Spend another 200mil on attacking players and we'll still get beat with the weaknesses we have at the back....old news, no surprises...this problem should have been fixed long before Pep arrived and Pep's hands are tied until we do!

Once again, our full backs cost us the game and it's baffling that we haven't addressed this area that has been a weakness since 2012 onwards.

The PL title 14 papered over the cracks and gave new contracts to players that should've been shipped out. Don't know how many goals/points Kolarov
has cost us now. I thought Zab was good all in all yesterday but with two decent full backs, we wouldn't have conceded the first goal yesterday.

However, it's impossible that Pep doesn't know this, but why not try Dinho at full back position or something similar? It can hardly get any worse.

With players like Alaba/Alba Alves/Lahm at his disposal previously, Pep surely must address these weak points sooner rather than later.

Quite good article from goal that I agree with: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...t-complete-squad-overhaul-in-2017-after-title

Problem is when you look the best full backs in the world are unlikely to be available for anyone either in jan or the summer, and many who would be then are the wrong side of 30, so it's finding some that we could get that are gonna be what we need.

If these rumors of Cancelo to Barca are true then surely it means Roberto won't want to stay right? He's been a huge surprise and a very good player for him this season and they're looking at replacing him. If the rumors are indeed true, we should try to bring in Roberto

I rate him highly, he can play in a few positions too

Who is the left back from napoli that some of the bigger teams are being linked to?

Coleman from Everton? I await your abuse....

was gonna suggest the same, been ranked in the top 20 full backs last couple of years, I would also add Robert Rodriguez at Werder Bremen, both unfashionable as peoples choices but do their job well enough and both can play wing back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.