Funny stats to upset United fans

I remember that one. It was the Europa League game in 2008 just before our big takeover happened. It was Vinnys and Zabaletas first season for us.

We played this team from the Faroe Islands and we had to go to Barnsley because the Etihad was being used for a music concert so we couldn't play any football there.

I wonder why they choose Barnsley when they could have picked Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton, Wigan or Huddersfield as suitable alternatives to host a one off game.
went to this game as barnsley is only 15 miles away, was sat in the stand along the side of the pitch, but not the main stand, then after game went to a pub up the hill for a few beers

In a 20 team/38 game league, United have got 90 points or more twice
(91 in 1999-2000 and 90 in 2008-09).

City have achieved that 3 times
(100 in 2017-18, 98 in 2018-19 and 93 in 2021-22).

And none of United’s would get in our top three.

Even United’s highest ever points tally of 92 points in 1993-94 (in a 22 team/42 game league) wouldn’t get in our top three seasons. Even if you allowed them 3 points for a win in their 1956-57 season title win (28 wins and 8 draws, in a 22 team/42 game league) that would also only come to 92 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair it doesn't take much to upset rags fans, and their board and management are doing a spectacular job of it .

Besides City's results are far more hurtful for them than the odd funny comment.

First “slightly” relevant thread I came across when opening BM on the way home from work.

Just wanted to post a weekly reminder that we won the Treble ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Do you know how fucking insane that sounds?

I’ll be back next week with another heads up.

Not a stat but a 'fact', one of United fans' favourite words.

Darius Vassell publicly said in 2008 that it was a matter of time before City overtook United as Manchester's number one club. Darius' prediction turned out to be 100% fact and now United wallow in their own self pity and history like their Scouse brother-in-laws over at Klanfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.