Further Questions from a Newcastle forum

The Fish said:
All right lads, back again, thanks for all the replies last time around.

In preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?
Winning either the title or FA Cup and getting past the CL group stage.

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?
A 30 goals a season striker. Or Gareth Bale.

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?
Fernandinho and Navas. It'll be interesting to see how Higuain does at Arsenal as well.

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?
Hopefully most of them! Aguero particularly after being disappointing by his standards last season, same with Nasri.

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?
Any one of them could have, just like last season. Hopefully Pellers can get the best out of everyone though, but if anyone's going to be rubbish I'd imagine it will be Garcia.

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?
The derby ones.

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?
Most = Norwich. Least = the derby.

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?
Away in our title winning season.

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?
Strange. Not sure what the point of him is, or what he can bring to the club. You should be looking forward, not going back; what next Keegan again?

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?
Papiss Cisse.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?
I think he's a decent enough manager, and there's nothing wrong with winding up the opposition as long as he can win or lose with dignity, which from what I've seen of him he seems to.

Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?
Mid table.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on the Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

Champions and to get out of the groups in the CL (this will depend on the calibre of the group again though).

We need a left sided, pacy player, to compliment Navas on the right, and a better 2nd choice left back than Lolarov. We also need a real fox in the box type of striker.

Schurrle, Delofeu, Bony.

All of them. If you can't have a 'big season' you shouldn't be here so get your coat.

None of them. Pellegrini won't allow it.

The first 6 and the last 6.

Utd / Everton.

0-2 in 2011/12. Pivotal moment and the first time the possibility of City winning the title actually felt 'real'. Unbelievable emotions.

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Kinnear isn't a full shilling. Pardew is over rated. I feel for you guys I really do.

Ben Arfa is excellent on his day, but doesn't have enough days. If he could produce regularly he'd walk into any premier league team imo.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?

Average.

The squad is good enough to be top 8 imo. You need Cisse to have another belter and you need to replace Ba properly.

90 points in the Prem, a good cup run, get to the Round of 16 in the CL

The two areas i thought we were weak last season was a lack of pace and mobility in central defensive midfield [we've signed Fernandinho in this area]; and players that could add pace and width to our play in attacking/creative midfield [we've signed Navas in this area, and i'd like one more] these players can add counter-attacking to our play too as that is an aspect of our play that we simply did not have last season (all these weaknesses contributed to us not winning owt last season).

Fernandinho, Navas, Paulinho and i'd like to see our old striker, Anelka, do well with WBA too.

Richards after almost a full season out, Nasri who i reckon will be like a new man with the new head coach, Kompany after being below par last season and Kun after struggling all season with injuries last season.

None.

The Manchester derby

Newcastle, Palace, Cardiff, United / none

The 0-1 to City at St James' when Mpenza scored late on. It virtually kept us up that season and if we hadn't won i reckon we might have gone down.

The guy holds no aura or respect, for me. I wouldn't expect Boro to employ him as a DoF, never mind Newcastle. There's no way i can see Pardew being happy with this. But you never know, sometimes things you wouldn't expect to do turn out alright in the end.

Hatem Ben Arfa. He'd be the ideal player to add to our squad where Adam Johnson left a gap and Scott Sinclair hasn't filled it.

I like him. He stands up for his troops and tells it how it is with refs. I didn't like him pushing the linesmanbut everyone does daft things from time to time and it's not like he threw a puch at him.

11th. Top of the bottom half.

As an additional question;

Which Commentators/presenters do you feel have a grudge against your club and which are more favourable?

Niall Quinn doesn't seem to say many nice things. Danny Mills likewise - sponged off the club for years yet has little positive to say about us.

Gary Neville is public enemy number one, for obvious reasons, even though he is actually more balanced than most.

Well last year was quite disastrous in terms of our awful CL campaign and crushingly disappointingly Final performance against the lowly Wigan Athletic who completely ran the show. I expect Pellegrini to get us to play a better, more fluid style of football which we rarely saw during Mancini's last year. Either 1st or 2nd and the last-16 in CL.

Well we virtually never played with wingers under Mancini so I'm glad we've added Jesus Navas to our squad who hopefully will add that extra dimension to our team both domestically and on the European stage.

I'm interested to see how Bony performs at Swansea, looks a good player.

I think Kompany is due a big season after last season being hampered by injuries. Hopefully Matija Nastasic will carry on his fantastic form from last year but no doubt he'll be pinched the post again by the wonder boy Welbeck for the Young Player of the Year...

Javi Garcia. How on earth we sold De Jong and replaced him with this guy is quite shocking. He's far too slow to play in the fast-paced Premiership. Pelle shifted him on as Real manager so I don't expect him to be here for the long run.

Obviously the Derby first. Glad it's early on in the season as Moyes has quite the reputation for starting the season off badly and hopefully that'll continue at the scum.

I'm looking forward to how we perform in the CL. If we get out the group stage that'll be a big step for us and I'm confident we can manage that.

The 3-1 at home a couple of years ago. Was sat right behind the net when Elano struck that thunderous free kick right in the top corner.

I think it's pretty despicable to be honest. If it carries to go wrong for Pardew he'll be under enormous pressure with a potential manager waiting in the wings. As soon as I thought Ashley had turned a corner and started to move Newcastle in the right direction he does that. Can't see it as anything but a negative for you lot.

I really like Krul and also Yohan Cabaye - or should I say 'Kebob' is some player. Sissoko looks like a mould of Yaya expect him to have a decent season too.

He seems like a stubborn guy but a reasonably good tactician. He's brought some top talent to your team and in the famous 2011-12 season he did wonders for your team. I think he needs a couple more years however I doubt Ashley will give him the time he needs.

I'd expect a marginally higher finish compared to last year. At a guess - 12th.

Finish in the top two plus a Cup. I think Chelsea will win the league

Need another striker and creative midfielder to cover Silva

Navas. He has pace and skill. A rare combination in the Premier League.

Vincent Kompany after a lot of injuries last year. Possibly Rodwell.

Joe Hart. I think he has been a bit dodgy for the last 12 months

Both Derby matches and Boxing Day.

I love Newcastle. Great city-centre stadium. Great pubs and great fans.
I will enjoy Cardiff as a new ground. Dislike Old Trafford because of their scum support which always targets women and kids and is poorly-policed.

I can remember 68 (but wasn't there) so it must be 2012. Another good one was when Goater scored in the snow.

I have nothing but sympathy for Newcastle fans. We know how it feels to be a laughing stock. We had Peter Swales who was an earlier (poorer) version of Ashley. Kinnear seems to me to be a complete fool.

None really. Perhaps Taylor.

Pardew is a pretty solid mid-table manager but that is as much as he can do.

As above. Mid table. I would love you to do better. You have fantastic fans. Not many clubs in Europe would pull 50,000 fans after not winning a trophy for
50 plus years. I was gutted when you threw it away under Keegan.

The Fish said:

In preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

We should be aiming for the PL title and at least second stage of CL. Not saying 100% certain we'll do it but those are realistic aims even so.

The new signings will help but the biggest area is team spirit.

Jesus and Fernandhino.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dzeko did well under Pellers and with service from the likes of Jesus. Kun could get loads of goals if he's luckier with injuries.

How can you predict that?

First and last of the season plus Rags.

Most: Rags. We love stuffing them at the swamp. Least: Shit sides who beat us!

Easy. 1968: 4-2 for the title. Loved every minute.

He's a dick and so is Ashley. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Cabaye

I quite like him. He's not a nasty piece of work at all. After the last two contrasting seasons the jury's out on his ability.

Around mid-table.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on the Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

No worries mate. Have a really good season.

Champions, out of CL group, 1/4's of the Domestic cups as a minimum.

Currently up front but that is in hand.

Fernandinho, Navas, Paulinho and possibly Higuain at this point, but there is a long way to go yet.

Agüero, Fernandinho and Guidetti (Guidetti more for breaking through than setting the world on fire just yet)

I don't expect it of any of them, hat would be defeatist.

The Derby, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and then the newly promoted teams.

Not really got a best and worse in the Prem, those days are behind me (slightly older fan). I look forward more to the European fixtures now for a whole different adventure.

2012 at the Sports Direct Arena ;o)

At least it takes the spotlight off your Pony punchers.

No one springs to mind but that may change, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Collocini were ok in recent years.

One word : Spiv

9th

The Fish said:

A strong push for the title, a good cup run and past the group stages of the champs league

I think we've addressed two of our biggest weaknesses already, just need another striker to replace Tevez now

Fernandinho and Navas

Aguero is he stays fit and I think Pelle will bring our the best in Nasri

Hopefully none of them

Rags

Rags on both counts

76 League cup final, Dennis Tuarts overhead kick and Malcolm Macdonald in tears at the end

Fat Ash seems to be deliberatly trying to alienate the fanbase. Kinnear is an embarressment

I can't really think of any

He's an idiot, I still can't beleive he got manager of the year over Mancini

Hate to say it but I think you're in for a battle near the bottom of the table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.