Future Strikers

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Sir Joe Aguero, 14 Aug 2019.

1. Murph

Murph

Don't rule out Sterling being used centrally more often.

Kaiser Soze and ctid1894 like this.
  2. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Don't rule out Scott Carson if Pearce comes back.

3. Thaksinssoldier

Thaksinssoldier

We'll be in for Mbappe for certain.

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Rashford,wasted at the swamp.

5. ctid1894

ctid1894

We’ve got Jesus and we’ve got Sterling, there’s absolutely no need for a world class striker. If one becomes available who fits us perfectly and is good value for money, then we’ll no doubt look to strengthen but it’s far from a necessity.

In terms of numbers we may “need” to bring another player in for squad depth but that could just as easily be a winger if Sterling wanted to play through he middle long term.

6. Gabriel

Gabriel

Sterling has scored 11,10, 24, and 25 in the last four seasons and already has 4 this season. If he and Jesus continue to score, and Agüero gets even close to his customary number, the search for the latter’s replacement will be less desperate.

7. dublinblue12

dublinblue12

Its unlikely we will be getting the next augero or the next jesus for the money we got the real aguero and the real jesus for

8. dublinblue12

dublinblue12

I think the plan might to convert sterling into 'The next Henry'

Kaiser Soze and ctid1894 like this.
  9. Sir Joe Aguero

Sir Joe Aguero

I get that but I can't think of a single striker under 27 in a top 5 league who scored 20 league goals for the past 3 seasons. Would of said Icardi or Kane but their last season wasn't great. Go back 5 years 20 goals 3x in a row is pretty common.

Maybe it's a natural change in the game, no-one plays 442 anymore and the goals will come from wingers/attacking midfielders, but are there any young proven goalscorers in the mould of an Aguero/Lewandowski/Kane/Aubameyang that we could go for?

10. TonyM

TonyM

IMO we always need someone who'll shoot (powerfully and accurately) from anywhere - like Aguero. I think Sane has this more than Sterling. Maybe once he's fit he'd move central? But would the injury rob him of the power in his shot?