Future Strikers

We’ve got Jesus and we’ve got Sterling, there’s absolutely no need for a world class striker. If one becomes available who fits us perfectly and is good value for money, then we’ll no doubt look to strengthen but it’s far from a necessity.

In terms of numbers we may “need” to bring another player in for squad depth but that could just as easily be a winger if Sterling wanted to play through he middle long term.

Sterling has scored 11,10, 24, and 25 in the last four seasons and already has 4 this season. If he and Jesus continue to score, and Agüero gets even close to his customary number, the search for the latter’s replacement will be less desperate.

Its unlikely we will be getting the next augero or the next jesus for the money we got the real aguero and the real jesus for

Every season there's a new breakout star that emerges and it will be no different when it comes to the point when we need to find Aguero's replacement (or Jesus', assuming he steps up to the number 1 spot).

Most of the world didn't know who Felix, Jovic or Piatek were at the beginning of last season. All have moved for big fees to big clubs in 2019 and are now in the spotlight.

The answer is that it will probably be no one who we've heard of or will expect right now.
I get that but I can't think of a single striker under 27 in a top 5 league who scored 20 league goals for the past 3 seasons. Would of said Icardi or Kane but their last season wasn't great. Go back 5 years 20 goals 3x in a row is pretty common.

Maybe it's a natural change in the game, no-one plays 442 anymore and the goals will come from wingers/attacking midfielders, but are there any young proven goalscorers in the mould of an Aguero/Lewandowski/Kane/Aubameyang that we could go for?

IMO we always need someone who'll shoot (powerfully and accurately) from anywhere - like Aguero. I think Sane has this more than Sterling. Maybe once he's fit he'd move central? But would the injury rob him of the power in his shot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.