Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His attitude and application is several levels above that of the very casual Robinho - the only thing they have in common is nationality.

I hope you are right but I don't see long range shots in his game or too much dribbling? he is a very similar size to Robinio and also seems to have the same happy go lucky approach to life. He could struggle over a long winter over here? Seems to pick up the odd injury with his bravery. As I said hope I am wrong but have some doubts still.

His attitude and application is several levels above that of the very casual Robinho - the only thing they have in common is nationality.
They're both pretty talented . In terms of pure skill I am not sure that we have had a better player than Robinho at City (Obviously combined skill and application we have had many better).

I hope you are right but I don't see long range shots in his game or too much dribbling? he is a very similar size to Robinio and also seems to have the same happy go lucky approach to life. He could struggle over a long winter over here? Seems to pick up the odd injury with his bravery. As I said hope I am wrong but have some doubts still.
I think Jesus' toughness is what will make him more suited to the prem than many, he does go down a lot but he also gets fouled a lot. With regards to his dribbling he's very good and he's fast but we didn't really get to see much of it due to a number of reasons a) His position and Peps instructions, it's clear his job is to get on the end of things and be ready to receive the ball. b) He was in a new league with better defenders who still managed to foul him a heck of a lot rather than get the ball when he did dribble with it. c) He was injured so we didn't really get to see enough of him.

As for shooting from distance again that could be Peps instructions, he has scored a few peaches out in Brazil, one for the national team springs to mind where he received the ball on the edge of the box(one touch to control), turned and shot in the top corner in one swift movement... you can't teach that(2.45minute mark in the vid below).

Just a refresher that should set your mind at rest:

Last edited:
So glad we bought jesus last season , because his worth must have tripled in the last few months a great bit of business by Txiki and Pep , we've signed the best upcoming Brazilian striker for just £25m (or the same price as Arnoutovic) in Merson's words that's just "a cup of tea".

He's class but we have to remember how young he is still. He's not the finished article yet and him learning from the great man Aguero will only help his career.

We have seen glimpses only so far of this lads ability. He has that knack/ability to get into positions to score as showed from the very first time he pulled on the shirt against spurs. Great thing is he is not affraid to mix it up and stick his head on the ball from crossess etc.

That sublime flick over the defender last week against bournemouth is the biggest sign so far for me since he arrived, that he is now understanding and settling into the league, and that his confidence is growing each week which will allow him to show of his ability

"The true Ronaldo".

JubilantGroundedJanenschia.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.