Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was doing the right things today, good runs, nice link up, taking people on etc. just getting them a bit wrong, as opposed to recent weeks when he's just been not doing the things that got him goals earlier in the year.

If he keeps playing like he did today, the goals will come back pretty soon.

He have zero dribbling tonight, and I don't remember him taking any player.

I give him credit for pressing and creating one chance for KDB though.

Jesus is not having a great time in front of goal , but he does put a shift in , when he signed i half expected a Robinho type player who wouldnt do the dirty work , but Jesus is the total opposite of Robinho , a real grafter who covers every blade of grass . Hard work will always get its just rewards , and he will soon be knocking the goals in , just imagine how good this lad will be in a couple of years with Pep in his corner , frightening.

One on a plate for DeBruyne, set Sterling up nicely too following a brilliant run and chest control in the box. Great block from a Newcastle defender prevented opening the scoring when Sterling had put him in, another good save from Elliot rushing from his goal denied him.

Decent all round game from Jesus.

His play with his back to goal was much better than Sergio's, but he never got himself once in a position to score. He could have done, had he kept himself onside. Hope he hits the net against Palace.

His all round game play is so far ahead of Sergio's it's unreal. Workrate, awareness of his teammates and selflessness are all attributes that benefit the team greatly, particularly in this system. The goals will come back soon enough.

No issue myself, the goals are not coming atm from him but general play is. He pulls defenders all over the place and that has led to 3 goals off the top of my head i can think of where his run created the space. The goals will come, it is not like utd trouble where with Rashford for example the skill just is not there.

Last edited:
His play with his back to goal was much better than Sergio's, but he never got himself once in a position to score. He could have done, had he kept himself onside. Hope he hits the net against Palace.

He did get himself in positions to score, go to the extended highlights on the OS, go to around 2 mins in and 3 mins in and you'll see first a great block by a Newcastle defender and then a good save from Elliott to deny him.

Watch the free kick where Elliott made a great reaction stop from Aguero, who is in a great position to score if Aguero doesn't get a touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.