Gael Clichy

BlueCityfan

Everybody is talking about how much better we would have done with Tevez in the side for the whole season. But how much better would we have done if we had not rotated Kola and Clichy as much???

Clichy was immense again. We definetly need to sell Kolarov in the summer. I feel Mancini has played Kolarov just to keep him happy. Even if Clichy is better.

BlueCityfan said:
Everybody is talking about how much better we would have done with Tevez in the side for the whole season. But how much better would we have done if we had not rotated Kola and Clichy as much???

Clichy was immense again. We definetly need to sell Kolarov in the summer. I feel Mancini has played Kolarov just to keep him happy. Even if Clichy is better.
Clichy has been immense. For a FB his work rate his fantastic.

However, we need 2 quality FB's and I still rate Kolorov.

doomuk said:
BlueCityfan said:

Clichy has been immense. For a FB his work rate his fantastic.

However, we need 2 quality FB's and I still rate Kolorov.

I think we need a young LB. Understudy to Clichy. Someone who has alot of potential but doesn't need to play every game.

Kolarov is an experienced LB hitting his peak. Just like Clichy. He should be sold somewhere where he will get regular games. We have rotated Clichy far too much. He doesn't need that much rotation.

Best defensive left-back in the league IMO, though probably not even top 5 attacking full-backs. But a full-back's first job is to defend which is where Kolarov fails. If we sign another left-back, it should be a faster attacking one but who is also competent defensively. A shame Nathaniel Clyne isn't a left-back, he fits the billing as a right-back and we may go for him anyway.

Clichy-one of Mancinis best signings

Kolarov-one of Mancinis worst signings
BlueCityfan said:

I think that Clichy has been as good as he has because of the rotation. Many people underrate the rotation that Mancini has done this season. It has kept nearly every player very fresh and that is seen today where Clichy is still bombing down the wing even in the last 10mins.

Kolarov is still a important player if not for dead ball situations alone. I think he will leave this summer with a young LB coming in. Kolarov is in his peak and may prefer a move but ideally i would keep him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.