Game of Thrones Season 3

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
just started the second book, its amazing how similar the books are to the tv shows, barely any differences. Good to learn in more detail about different characters especially aegon ?? the conquerer. Very interesting.

1st book and 1st season was identical, started to go a bit awry 2nd season.

bluemoon73 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
just started the second book, its amazing how similar the books are to the tv shows, barely any differences. Good to learn in more detail about different characters especially aegon ?? the conquerer. Very interesting.

Yep. Gets less and less similar as time goes on.

anyone have any suggestions for series' that are somewhat in the same vein to read?

Andouble said:
anyone have any suggestions for series' that are somewhat in the same vein to read?

Feists' The Magician has been recommended on here before, which is on my Kindle list for when I finish my 2nd reading of GOT. Half way through Feast for Crows - amazing how much you can miss first time round!

1961_vintage said:
Andouble said:

Feists' The Magician has been recommended on here before, which is on my Kindle list for when I finish my 2nd reading of GOT. Half way through Feast for Crows - amazing how much you can miss first time round!

The Riftwar saga is very good. Try The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant as well. Not the same genre but also quality.

Some great merchandise if interested!

http://nerdalicious.com.au/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-merch-you-cant-live-without/

I'm getting the t shirt !

sorry-ladies-im-in-the-nights-watch.jpg

bluemoon73 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I gave up half way through the second season and I do generally enjoy this sort of stuff.

Far too convoluted and too much hard work. I cant remember which episode but I had to grab the remote at least four or five times to pause rewind and recap what was said and consider which character had been introduced to an already complicated equation.

Couldn't be arsed after that.

speccybob 8 said:
1961_vintage said:
Andouble said:

The Riftwar saga is very good.

Very good is selling it short imo. Fantastic series.

speccybob 8 said:
1961_vintage said:
Andouble said:

The Riftwar saga is very good. Try The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant as well. Not the same genre but also quality.

The Covenant books are good. "Chronicles of Brothers" books by Wendy Alec are absolutely captivating.

Although she is only halfway through the saga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.