Game of Thrones

Viridian was banned,so please feel free to take over the mantle.

Oh was he? never noticed, I only noticed this video so thought I post it, I suppose the thread can be like season 6's with any snippets posted by anyone rather than jyst one person, better like that.

What was he banned for? Didn't seem the type to start a beef with anyone.

Just opened the spoiler to see it say "MEGA SPOILER"!!

Fuck that.

It's not that mega tbf

part is something you would expect to happen at somee point and the other 2 are

Gendrys back

and

Arya and Bran were filming at the same site and Maise was in full stark armour/tunic

So, finally gave in and watched the first 6 series. It's alright, the books were better. Problem is now, everything they've done since that gobshite of an author got too lazy to write books I could have predicted and I'm pretty sure I could lay out the plot for series 7+8, hopefully when the fucker picks up a gambling addiction and goes back to writing the books he'll be a bit more inventive.

Still, hasn't been butchered as badly as Lord Of The Rings was.

So, finally gave in and watched the first 6 series. It's alright, the books were better. Problem is now, everything they've done since that gobshite of an author got too lazy to write books I could have predicted and I'm pretty sure I could lay out the plot for series 7+8, hopefully when the fucker picks up a gambling addiction and goes back to writing the books he'll be a bit more inventive.

Still, hasn't been butchered as badly as Lord Of The Rings was.
LOTR needed butchering. You can't deny it was groundbreaking and kicked off a whole new genre, and as such will always be special. It was also in parts boring and so far up it's own arse with all those shite poems and songs that it would have been unwatchable if they had included them in the films. I think they struck the right balance and its a rare case of the movie being at least as good as the books, if not better. I've only read LOTR a couple of times and have no inclination to read it again. I've seen the movies at least 5 times and if it's on telly I would watch them again. For me that's proof enough that they did a fantastic job with the movies.

LOTR needed butchering. You can't deny it was groundbreaking and kicked off a whole new genre, and as such will always be special. It was also in parts boring and so far up it's own arse with all those shite poems and songs that it would have been unwatchable if they had included them in the films. I think they struck the right balance and its a rare case of the movie being at least as good as the books, if not better. I've only read LOTR a couple of times and have no inclination to read it again. I've seen the movies at least 5 times and if it's on telly I would watch them again. For me that's proof enough that they did a fantastic job with the movies.
As a series of 3 books it was butchered, in the wider sense leaving Tom Bombadillo out was the Harold Shipman of fantasy movies.

Tbh, LOTR books were never great, plenty were better. But the books were groundbreaking, what the fuck have the movies done apart from turn The Hobbit into a whore?

Gof is so big I'm gonna have never watched gof on my gravestone.

As a series of 3 books it was butchered, in the wider sense leaving Tom Bombadillo out was the Harold Shipman of fantasy movies.

Tbh, LOTR books were never great, plenty were better. But the books were groundbreaking, what the fuck have the movies done apart from turn The Hobbit into a whore?

Lots of fantasy books have surpassed them, but some of the chapters were still utterly fantastic and have few peers. Shelob's lair, The Ride of the Rohirrim, and The Battle of Pelennor Fields were all literary masterpieces, and as good as the films were, the book did those particular scenes far better.
What did the film do? Well for a start it brought a great story to a wider audience and made a great piece of theater at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.