game off on Sat?

citytillicry65

Can't helkp feeling it would be better for us if it was - more time to get new players in - what do you think?

It's more than likely to be off if you ask me, it was a real cold one in the city last night, and we have covers on the pitch and that's it. The covers apparantly help up to tempretures of -4, and it was -5 when I got up this morning, so in the real early hours I'm sure it was even colder. The other problem is even if the sun is out, a lot of the ground is in shadow for the better part of the day, and I know they've brought in big fans to help out, but It might not be enough.

We don't have any undersoil heating, and to be fair to the club they could of installed it when we relaid the pitch, but we were supposed to be moving when they did that 18 months ago, and also, it has never, in all the years I've been going, ever been cold enough in Portsmouth for the pitch to freeze up and have it called off so why bother with something you'll (thought at the time) almost never use. We even missed the last ice age down here FFS laugh.gif Colder than I've ever known it.

If the game is on, it'll be a bouncy pitch much like it was against Bristol City, terrible pitch in fact, and we'll lose 3-0 anyway so doesn't make much difference

That's what a Pompey fan on another forum thinks.

masterwig said:
It's more than likely to be off if you ask me, it was a real cold one in the city last night, and we have covers on the pitch and that's it. The covers apparantly help up to tempretures of -4, and it was -5 when I got up this morning, so in the real early hours I'm sure it was even colder. The other problem is even if the sun is out, a lot of the ground is in shadow for the better part of the day, and I know they've brought in big fans to help out, but It might not be enough.

We don't have any undersoil heating, and to be fair to the club they could of installed it when we relaid the pitch, but we were supposed to be moving when they did that 18 months ago, and also, it has never, in all the years I've been going, ever been cold enough in Portsmouth for the pitch to freeze up and have it called off so why bother with something you'll (thought at the time) almost never use. We even missed the last ice age down here FFS laugh.gif Colder than I've ever known it.

If the game is on, it'll be a bouncy pitch much like it was against Bristol City, terrible pitch in fact, and we'll lose 3-0 anyway so doesn't make much difference

That's what a Pompey fan on another forum thinks.

Bet they have brought that tit John "PFC" Westwood is to blow on pitch.

It's f*ckin' annoyin' that the game is off ....... makes you wonder what planet Portsmouth are on with no undersoil heating ..... it's not as if they can't afford it ....... you could probably put it in for £150,000 or so.

I well remember getting all the way down to the Dell at Southampton some years ago only to find out the game had been called off at the last minute ....... the whole coachload of us made for an afternoon in a pub across the road from the ground !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.