Game, Set-piece and Match.

zangatangring

I'm an ardent fan of our set piece threat. It's the kind of attacking option that's just so unhealthy for the opposition. Many times, we compromise the other top four teams as they're coerced to field less favourable, taller players. I really do believe that'll be a huge attacking weapon in Europe. We could exploit the physical detriments of the likes of Barca, Inter etc...

However, before I let you run free with praise about attacking with set pieces, let's talk about defending them. Zonal marking..... please can you share your thoughts on us using it?
I understand that it's most viable with homogeneous defenders like ours. However, it's just been stressful at times. Remember Liverpool? Sunday? Everton? We're a very aerially gifted squad. This should be the least of our worries. Should we change it? what are your thoughts on the dos and don'ts?

I thought we were shit on both sides for most of last season. Lescott now seems to score every game so thats better, still need loads of work defending them which is weird to me because I remember reading we spend A TON of time working on it.

zangatangring said:
I'm an ardent fan of our set piece threat. It's the kind of attacking option that's just so unhealthy for the opposition. Many times, we compromise the other top four teams as they're coerced to field less favourable, taller players. I really do believe that'll be a huge attacking weapon in Europe. We could exploit the physical detriments of the likes of Barca, Inter etc...

However, before I let you run free with praise about attacking with set pieces, let's talk about defending them. Zonal marking..... please can you share your thoughts on us using it?
I understand that it's most viable with homogeneous defenders like ours. However, it's just been stressful at times. Remember Liverpool? Sunday? Everton? We're a very aerially gifted squad. This should be the least of our worries. Should we change it? what are your thoughts on the dos and don'ts?
When we do play the Inter's and Barcelona's of the CL we should exploit our physical advantages and out power them in a similar way in which Stoke out power teams in the premier league, we should also as you say use set pieces to our advantage we have a great free kick and corner taker in Kolarov and we should use him to exploit Barcelona's weaknesses, Barcelona's main weakness is lack of hight and strength, we also should try and pump the ball in to their box and use Dzeko's hight to our advantage and also most teams like Barcelona, Inter, Madrid etc... prefer a zonal marking which gives their technical player an advantage we should use man marking and mark very tight and not give them an inch of space in the box

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.